08 Nov 2012
Looking for the ultimate excuse to go wine tasting in Spokane. Join us for the 27th annual Holiday Wine Festival. This year you can enjoy wine from 24 wineries at 18 different locations. As always the event is the weekend before Thanksgiving so you can stock up on all the wines you will need for dinner and you can get a head start on your holiday gift shopping.
Nectar Tasting Room will feature eight wines (including 5 under $16) and several great deals for your shopping pleasure.
MODIFIED HOURS: Friday Noon-10pm. Saturday and Sunday Noon-6pm
HARD ROW TO HOE: Get a little playful with 25% off of six packs of Afternoon Delight and Lickity Split (1/2 bottles). These are fun conversation starters about fun story of Hard Row to Hoe. We’ll also be pouring the Pinot Noir and Zinfandel (both great Thanksgiving wines).
NORTHWEST CELLARS: Enjoy two great wines at a phenomenal price. Enjoy the newly released 2008 Merlot ($15) and the 2011 Chardonnay ($12). Both are a great value for your holiday imbibing needs.
SKYLITE CELLARS: Hiney returns for the holidays. The popular Walla Walla red blend is back for only $15 a bottle, $80 for a six pack and $120 per case ($10 per bottle). Having a big party, or need a lot of gifts, this is a perfect wine for that. Who doesn’t want a little hiney for the holidays. Also pouring the 2007 Skylite Syrah.
TERRA BLANCA: Every holiday table needs a dry Riesling to cut through all the flavors. Enjoy the 2011 Terra Blanca Riesling for only $11. Go bold or go home with the 2008 Red Mountain Cabernet at only $16 a bottle. The rich fruit forward Cabernet will please your wine loving crowd.
OTHER PLACES TO TASTE
Mike Conway, Owner/Winemaker at Latah Creek Winery, says that the spirit of Holiday Wine Fest really hasn’t changed, as it has always centered around gift-giving and exciting new food-and-wine pairings. Now President of the Spokane Winery Association, Mike Conway incorporated Latah Creek in 1982 (the same year as another mainstay, Arbor Crest Wine Cellars), and was part of the original HWF event in 1986. Each year, his wife, Ellena, creates a special 4-5-course meal, a different course to be featured at each pouring station. Latah Creek also boasts one of Spokane’s best winery gift shops, which Ellena will stock with brand new holiday items.
Nodland Cellars is a micro-boutique winery in the Spokane Valley that consistently makes some of the best wines I’ve tried. Tim Nodland (owner and winemaker) is on hand to guide you through the tasting and educate you on the joys of his old world style Bordeaux blend. Noland is also home to the popular ‘Bad Attitude” blend that can help turn any holiday bad attitude into something quite a bit more enjoyable. Join Tim and his team at 11616 E Montgomery in the Spokane Valley (look for the signs).
Come downtown and discover the 13 tasting rooms housing 18 of Spokane’s wineries. Enjoy the hidden gems at Robert Karl Cellars (Pacific and Brown) or stop by the Broadview Dairy building (905 N Washington) where you can try wines from Caterina, Lone Canary, and bubbly from Mountain Dome. Exploring downtown is a fun way to enjoy Holiday Wine Festival. There are many places to stop to eat and you can take a break from your day with some shopping or a stroll through the park.
Visit these and Spokane’s many other wineries this holiday season. Holiday Wine Fest 2012 runs November 16th-18th, Noon-6pm. Remember, if you are planning to taste with a group of 10 or more, please be courteous and call the winery ahead of time. Tasting fees may apply. For more information about this event and all participating wineries, visit www.SpokaneWineries.net. Visitor information can be obtained at www.VisitSpokane.com. For wine tours, visit www.GroupCoordinators.com orwww.SpokaneWinerytours.com.
02 May 2012
May has to be one of my favorite months of the year! I love seeing the trees bloom and even better…most wineries are releasing NEW WINE! So, as the old saying goes, April showers bring new may wine…or something like that. Thank you again for another outstanding month. It’s becoming quite common for the first post of the month to include the phrase, “Thank you for another record breaking month!” Once again, you have outdone yourselves. April was 20% better than 2011. Let’s keep the momentum going in May with First Friday, Spring Release Weekend, a parade, painting classes, music, the Quarterly Sip and several brand new releases!
- Thursday – We have TANGO. Come watch, come learn, come tango from 7-9pm. Selection of $5 glass pours and 15% off on select wines “to go.” Ever heard of Languedoc? No, not “long duck doc” from Pretty in Pink, Languedoc is a region in France. and Thursday is Languedoc day. Come down to nectar for a sip of THREE Languedoc wines.
- Friday – Enjoy First Friday with visiting Anelare Winery and the art of Kirsten Stobie. Nashville star musician Jenny Anne Mannan providing entertainment. 5 wineries, 40+ wines, 1 beautiful location. Open until 10pm. Anelare will be offering 15% off all wines and 25% off mix and match cases. Visit all the great downtown First Friday locations for a night of wine and art.
- Saturday / Sunday – The patio is open. Bloomies enjoy $5 glass pours and a special “deal” when visiting with their race number or t-shirt. Open Noon – 10pm Saturday and Noon – 5pm on Sunday.
- Wednesday – May is National Foster Child Month. Join “Shine a Light” on Wednesday 5/9 for an evening of awareness, fundraising, networking and wine. Only $10 5:30-8:00pm.
- Friday – Sunday: The Spokane Winery association’s annual Spring Release Weekend. Join the 24 SWA wineries at 19 tasting rooms across the city. Nectar will have samples of 8 wines and some amazing deals including 40% off bubbles from NW Cellars, 50% off Hiney Wine from Skylite Cellars and 65% off Terra Blanca’s Lot 1 Red Blend. Learn more and download the tasting map.
- Thursday – Thirsty Thursday is always a fun time at Nectar. Enjoy 1/2 price appetizer plates with the purchase of a bottle of wine.
- Friday – Music from acclaimed musician Daniel Mills (Son of Brad). Dave Matthews says, “Son of Brad is organized that’s a good thing.” Music starts at 6:30. Show up early, this one will be full.
- Saturday – The Annual Lilac Parade route goes right by Nectar. Reserve your window spot and enjoy the Torchlight Parade from the cozy spot at Nectar. We have 6 indoor tables and 4 outdoor tables (new for this year) available. Your $75 reservation ($60 for members) gets you a table for 4, bottle of wine and an appetizer plate of your choice. Visit the Eventbrite site to order. Use the discount code MEMBER if you are a Club Nectar or Quarterly Sip member.
- Sunday – Open 1-5pm
We’re releasing 5 new Terra Blanca wines. Enjoy the 08 Merlot, Cabernet and Onyx as well as new additions to the space, Botrytis Chenin Blanc (sweeeeet) and the Block 8 Syrah (uh-may-zing). Music Saturday from Rachel Bade McMurphy Jazz Trio from 6:30-9:30. Open Sunday 1-5pm for all your pre-BBQ Memorial Day wine needs.
01 Feb 2012
January saw the start of our second year, our best weekend ever, and some great new initiatives at Nectar. In 2012 you will see more menu options, a greater focus on the wineries that share the space and more focus on renting out our great space. We have hired two talented event coordinators who will be booking out Nectar for birthdays, corporate events, fundraisers, and other fun activities just for you. Visit our PRIVATE EVENT RENTAL page and contact email@example.com to book your event. The month of love is here. See how Nectar is helping you celebrate your special someone with a month of fun events.
Thursday – How about a Groundhog’s Day special. Buy a glass of wine and get your second for 1/2 price. Stop by after work with a group of friends and enjoy. Mention the groundhog and save.
Friday – Nectar is a proud participant of the February Visual Arts tour. Enjoy an evening of drawings, paintings, prints, sculpture, ceramics, photography and other visual art. Take in diverse live performances, including music, dance and theatre and don’t forget the exceptional shopping and dining Downtown has to offer. At Nectar we are featuring of “Expression of Hope, Strength and Joy.” Local artists and photographers have paired with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to raise awareness of the wishes occurring in the community. Live music; Karrie O’Neill, singer and song writer, on acoustic guitar.
Saturday – Wine tasting in downtown Spokane is so much fun. Get out and enjoy some great wine at Nectar, Barrister, Caterina, Cougar Crest and more. If you’ve never done The Final Sip, stop by from 9-10 pm for a fun time with wine.
February 9-12 (All you need is love, wine and chocolate)
Saturday / Sunday – Wine, chocolate and flowers! Nectar joins the Spokane Winery Association for a weekend of love, wine and chocolate. Stop by at 11am on Saturday and Sunday for a fun wine tasting that includes chocolate pairings Pixie Dust Chocolates and FREE cupcake samples from Sweet Frostings. Each of the five wines in the tasting will be on special.
Need a special Valentines gift? Get our ValenWine gift pack that includes a custom label wine, flower arrangement from Just Roses Plus and chocolate (quantities limited).
MUSIC SATURDAY – Joe Caruso 6:30-9:30
Bring in your dead presidents and save for President’s day weekend.
Friday – Music from Mark Ward 6:30
Thursday – Closed for a private event
Friday / Saturday – Enjoy music from Eric Neuhauser on Friday and Olivia Brownlee on Saturday. Music starts at 6:30
04 Aug 2011
The patio is open, the patio is open! After about 6 weeks of delays (mostly due to waiting for the fence), we’re finally excited to celebrate on the patio. With temperatures soaring close to 90 degrees, grab a bottle or two of Rose, bubbly, or Sauvignon Blanc and head out with friends to enjoy the weather and the wine. As the hot summer nights continue, don’t miss out on a single sip at Nectar Tasting Room.
Two Important Announcements:
Do you own a home based business (jewelry, candles, cosmetics, etc)? We have a deal for you. Contact us for an awesome opportunity for you to use our space for your next meeting.
Did you see our press release on the Quarterly Cheers for Charity? No? Check it out. We’re pleased to do our small part to give back. Nominations are open through August 12.
Have you seen and heard the incredible talent in Spokane? For one night each month, Spokane shines a little brighter in downtown. Nectar is a proud participant in the Downtown Partnership’s popular First Friday event.
- THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday continues with 1/2 price appetizer plates when you purchase a bottle of wine. Glass prices start at $5 too.
- FRIDAY – First Friday activities begin at about 6:00 with live music from Maxie Ray Mills and music from the very talented Bill Werle
- SATURDAY – Don’t miss out on the sale wines from Northwest Cellars and The Final Sip (from 9-10pm).
- THURSDAY – MonaVie healthy energy stops by to showcase their Acai berry products.
- FRIDAY – Karrie O’Neill graces us with her beautiful personality and voice 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – Tipsy Muse Painting With Spirits: Learn to paint this beautiful Tuscan Landscape while you sip. Bring a friend or two and make a day of this event. $55; register here
>> The return of the RESERVE FLIGHT – Enjoy five of our highest end wines for just $10 <<
- THURSDAY – Second annual Pinot Noir day. Join us online or at Nectar as we celebrate the world’s most expressive wine grape. Which region will win the battle
- FRIDAY – Acoustic variety from Joe Davis 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – We welcome Coeur d’Alene Olive Oil Company back for a vinegar and oil tasting from 1-4pm. Fingerstyle blues and flamenco guitar from Joe Caruso 6:30-9:30
The QUARTERLY SIP is almost here. Sign up for our quarterly wine club and get 20% off of 5 select wines, 4 complimentary wine tasting passes and 10% off of all other wines purchased. The QUARTERLY SIP is only $99per quarter. Trust me, you’ll love this quarter’s wine selections. The last of an iconic Nectar wine, a pre-release of a unique varietal, and a super award winning wine that is not stocked at Nectar. To sign up, stop by or email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Quarterly Sip Sign Up
- SATURDAY – Music from a Nectar favorite, Mike Dwyer; 6:30-9:30 and The Final Sip from 9:00-1000
01 Jul 2011
FINALLY! As George Harrison wrote, Here Comes the Sun. With the weather forecast showing 80+ for several days in a row, it looks like summer is here to stay. As things heat up in the forecast, things are getting hot with Nectar events as well! Check out the event listing below to stay connected with all of our musical artists, our first ever private Wine and Dine dinner, the patio grand opening and the return of our popular reserve flight!
First Friday art walk returns with an amazing line up. I’m excited to welcome back the art that graced the space during the first month we were open AND the incredible music of the Kathleen Cavender duo. If you haven’t seen the Rock Star Reflections art showcase by internationally known artist Stacey Wells, then you are missing some of the most creative and edgy wine art around. Check out this interview with Stacey about how she got started!
- FRIDAY – Music by Kathleen Cavender Duo from 6:30-9:30. Get here early to get a seat
- SATURDAY – Be the first in Spokane to taste the newest wine from Skylite Cellars. The Soiree is a red blend of 54% Cabernet, and 23% each of Merlot and Syrah. At $19, this is a bold and flavorful red that will delight your palate.
- THURSDAY – Don’t forget about Thirsty Thursday where all appetizer plates are 1/2 price with the purchase of a bottle of wine. Bring in some friends and wind down your week at Nectar.
- FRIDAY – We welcome Bergs Shoes for a showcase of their new BORN adult shoe collection. Bergs has been serving Spokane for four generations and we are proud to partner with them on this promotion. Music from one of our favorites, Maxie Ray Mills begins at 6:30. In addition to these great events please help us welcome our July artist, Stacey Wells. Stacey’s busy schedule kept her from attending on First Friday, but she will be at Nectar for an artist’s reception from 6-10pm. Please spread the word and help us welcome this very talented artist to Spokane.
- SATURDAY – Help us christen our brand new outdoor patio. Enjoy the weather AND get 10% off all bottles purchased to enjoy on the patio.
- THURSDAY – We’ve got one of the coolest spaces in town to enjoy a meeting. Use our free wifi and treat you and your clients to a unique meeting of wine and class.
- FRIDAY – Mark Ward returns to the space with his unique style.
- SATURDAY – One of the Nectar favorites, Joe Davis shares his style of rock, blues, and classics. Join us for The Final Sip at 9pm.
- SUNDAY – We’re excited to present the very first ever Nectar Wine and Dine. This limited seating private dinner event pairs five wines with five courses for one fantastic evening with friends. Register here, space is limited.
While the boss is away, the wine slingers will play. Owner, Josh Wade is travelling to Charlottesville, VA for the 2011 Wine Bloggers Conference. Ben and crew have decided to go crazy by marking every wine down 15% whether you buy one bottle or an entire case. Ben also arranged 1 super steal of a deal on 1 wine from each of the Nectar wineries. You’ll have to stop by to find out about the madness!
- FRIDAY – Enjoy the smooth country voice of Garret Bartley from 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – Look out, Karrie O’Neill is in the space again. Karrie’s beautiful sound fills every corner of Nectar Tasting Room. Come early, grab your seat and some wine and be prepared to be amazed.
Are you ready to host your next event at Nectar? We’re available Sunday – Wednesday for private parties from 20-99 people. The cost is an affordable $100 per hour and you can arrange your own catering or use our preferred caterer.
Welcome the return of the RESERVE FLIGHT. Enjoy an additional tasting of 5 wines (including bubbles) for just $10 – not refundable with purchase.
- FRIDAY – Hot summer nights continue at Nectar with the amazing talent from Rachel Bade-McMurphy Jazz Trio. You’ll be impressed.
- SATURDAY – The Final Sip continues to be Spokane’s best weekly wine party. Stop by and taste up to 8 of any of our open bottles of wine from 9-10pm.