05 Jun 2012
Looking for something to wine about in Spokane? Look no further, we are your Spokane wine headquarters…okay, we are one of 24 amazing wineries you can visit across the Lilac City but we proudly boast 45 different Washington wines on the menu (22 of which recently received medals at the Seattle Wine Awards). The sun is shining (mostly) and the patio is open, so check out all of our upcoming events, music and more! We would love to see you soon. THANK YOU for an amazing May. Another record month. YOU, Spokane, are the very best.
BREAKING NEWS: Host an event at Nectar on Monday or Tuesday in July or August for only $50 per hour
MORE BREAKING NEWS: 1/2 price Wine Down Wednesday dinners through GROUPON
WIN TICKETS to Vintage Spokane: DETAILS HERE
- FRIDAY – TGIFF (Thank God it’s First Friday); we’ve got a grape line up for you! Come see ELEVEN – A STUDENT EXHIBIT: Eleven of Kathleen Cavender’s art students will be showing their paintings. Reception 6-8pm. Enjoy music by Karrie O’Neill. Northwest Cellars visits with THREE brand new wines including two newly anointed GOLD MEDAL winners at the Seattle Wine Awards. All NWC wines are 10% off and 20% off for any mix/match case.
See all the First Friday spots here
- SATURDAY/SUNDAY – The sale continues. Enjoy a sample of 8 NWC wines for only $5 (members taste free) The Final Sip is Saturday from 9-10pm!
- THURSDAY – Tango. Come watch, come learn, come tango with Tango Milonga from 7-9pm. Glass and bottle specials for tango dancers.
- FRIDAY – SATURDAY: We welcome visiting winery, Skylite Cellars to the space. Fresh off of their 4 Seattle Wine Award medals, Skylite is introducing their brand new 2008 Walla Walla Cabernet. The 2007 Cab was our best selling wine and is now SOLD OUT. Cheryl is bringing 2 cases. Club Nectar members can come down and get the final bottles before it’s gone. THIS WON’T LAST. Be one of the first to try the spectacular 2008 vintage. All wines will be 15% off and 25% off of 6 packs or more.
Don’t forget about The Final Sip (9-10pm). For only $10 come taste up to 8 samples from all the wines remaining open from the weekend.
- FRIDAY – We welcome for the first time, Nick Grow. I first saw Nick at an open mic night and was blown away. He is truly one of the most talented performers in Spokane. Come hear him play and give this new artist your support (6:30-9:30)
- SATURDAY – Port for pops. We’ve got FREE sips of our popular port and FREE chocolate for all the dads who come down to Nectar.
THE POUR – Benefiting Providence Sacred Heart Children’s Center (June 16)
- FRIDAY – Music from Daniel Mills (Son of Brad). Dave Matthew’s says, “He’s organized, that’s a good thing.” Come hear the hits from today. Daniel is super fun and we hope to continue to introduce our Nectar fans to him.
- SATURDAY – Wine tasting all day and night. Taste through 5 DOUBLE GOLD winning wines from the Seattle Wine Awards for only $5. These are wines that were voted the best of their category. Join us for music from Olivia Brownlee from 6:30-9:30
VINTAGE SPOKANE – Over 60 wineries, delicious cuisine, Viking Chef Demos, and fun wine experience activities. Join the 2nd annual event at Northern Quest Resort and Casino where you can Sip, Taste, Stay and Play. Tickets are only $45 ($60 for limited VIP entrance). Get your tickets here.
Welcome Hoopfest players and spectators. Need a place to unwind, relax, get a glass of wine or a bite of food. We’ll be here all day 9am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday with drink specials, food from Just a Couple of Moms and a full stock of sports drinks and water. Win your bracket? Come in for a glass of complimentary CHAMPAGNE to celebrate.
The Seattle Wine Awards is the largest independent judging competition of Washington wine. The tasting panel consists of Master Sommeliers, Master of Wine, wine merchants, professors and prestigious wine writers from across the state. Hundreds of wines are submitted and only the best of the best are awarded with medals. We are excited to announce that all five Nectar Tasting Room wineries, Cougar Crest and four Spokane wineries were awarded with medals.
In total, 22 of the 42 wines stocked at Nectar received awards!
Congratulations – view the full winners list at the Seattle Wine Awards web site
Anelare (Benton City, WA)
- 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon – SILVER (Cabernet over $35)
- 2009 Syrah – GOLD (Syrah over $35)
- 2009 Nonna Viola – GOLD (Red Blend $20-$35)
Hard Row to Hoe (Chelan, WA)
- 2010 Good in Bed Sparkling – DOUBLE GOLD (Sparkling wine)
- 2011 Nauti Buoy – SILVER (White blend $20-$35)
- 2011 Viogner/Rousanne – DOUBLE GOLD (White Rhone style)
- 2010 Marsanne – GOLD (White Rhone style)
- 2011 Dry Rose – SILVER (Rose blend)
- 2009 Cabernet Franc – SILVER (Cabernet Franc $20-$35)
Northwest Cellars (Kirkland, WA)
- 2010 Viognier – GOLD (Viognier $20-$35)
- 2009 Sonatina – GOLD (White Blend under $20)
- 2008 Petit Verdot – GOLD (Red Varietal $35 and over)
- 2009 Cadenza – GOLD (Red Blends $20-$35)
- 2008 Intrigue – GOLD (Red Blends $20-$35)
Skylite Cellars (Walla Walla, WA)
- 2008 Soiree – SILVER (Red Blends under $20)
- 2007 Cabernet – SILVER (Cabernet $20-$35)
- 2007 Merlot – SILVER (Merlot $20-$35)
Terra Blanca (Benton City, WA)
- 2008 Onyx – GOLD (Red Blends over $35)
- 2008 AT Cabernet -BRONZE (Cabernet under $20)
- 2007 Signature Series Cabernet – DOUBLE GOLD (Cabernet $20-$35)
- 2008 AT Merlot – BRONZE (Merlot under $20)
- 2007 AT Syrah – DOUBLE GOLD (Syrah under $20)
- 2007 Block 8 Syrah – DOUBLE GOLD (Syrah over $35)
02 May 2012
May has to be one of my favorite months of the year! I love seeing the trees bloom and even better…most wineries are releasing NEW WINE! So, as the old saying goes, April showers bring new may wine…or something like that. Thank you again for another outstanding month. It’s becoming quite common for the first post of the month to include the phrase, “Thank you for another record breaking month!” Once again, you have outdone yourselves. April was 20% better than 2011. Let’s keep the momentum going in May with First Friday, Spring Release Weekend, a parade, painting classes, music, the Quarterly Sip and several brand new releases!
- Thursday – We have TANGO. Come watch, come learn, come tango from 7-9pm. Selection of $5 glass pours and 15% off on select wines “to go.” Ever heard of Languedoc? No, not “long duck doc” from Pretty in Pink, Languedoc is a region in France. and Thursday is Languedoc day. Come down to nectar for a sip of THREE Languedoc wines.
- Friday – Enjoy First Friday with visiting Anelare Winery and the art of Kirsten Stobie. Nashville star musician Jenny Anne Mannan providing entertainment. 5 wineries, 40+ wines, 1 beautiful location. Open until 10pm. Anelare will be offering 15% off all wines and 25% off mix and match cases. Visit all the great downtown First Friday locations for a night of wine and art.
- Saturday / Sunday – The patio is open. Bloomies enjoy $5 glass pours and a special “deal” when visiting with their race number or t-shirt. Open Noon – 10pm Saturday and Noon – 5pm on Sunday.
- Wednesday – May is National Foster Child Month. Join “Shine a Light” on Wednesday 5/9 for an evening of awareness, fundraising, networking and wine. Only $10 5:30-8:00pm.
- Friday – Sunday: The Spokane Winery association’s annual Spring Release Weekend. Join the 24 SWA wineries at 19 tasting rooms across the city. Nectar will have samples of 8 wines and some amazing deals including 40% off bubbles from NW Cellars, 50% off Hiney Wine from Skylite Cellars and 65% off Terra Blanca’s Lot 1 Red Blend. Learn more and download the tasting map.
- Thursday – Thirsty Thursday is always a fun time at Nectar. Enjoy 1/2 price appetizer plates with the purchase of a bottle of wine.
- Friday – Music from acclaimed musician Daniel Mills (Son of Brad). Dave Matthews says, “Son of Brad is organized that’s a good thing.” Music starts at 6:30. Show up early, this one will be full.
- Saturday – The Annual Lilac Parade route goes right by Nectar. Reserve your window spot and enjoy the Torchlight Parade from the cozy spot at Nectar. We have 6 indoor tables and 4 outdoor tables (new for this year) available. Your $75 reservation ($60 for members) gets you a table for 4, bottle of wine and an appetizer plate of your choice. Visit the Eventbrite site to order. Use the discount code MEMBER if you are a Club Nectar or Quarterly Sip member.
- Sunday – Open 1-5pm
We’re releasing 5 new Terra Blanca wines. Enjoy the 08 Merlot, Cabernet and Onyx as well as new additions to the space, Botrytis Chenin Blanc (sweeeeet) and the Block 8 Syrah (uh-may-zing). Music Saturday from Rachel Bade McMurphy Jazz Trio from 6:30-9:30. Open Sunday 1-5pm for all your pre-BBQ Memorial Day wine needs.
30 Apr 2012
A Mother’s Day Weekend of Wine Tasting May 11 – 13 • New hours: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
In celebration of Spring and in honor of mothers everywhere, Spokane area wineries will host a special weekend of wine tasting as part of the The Spokane Winery Association’s annual Mother’s Day Spring Release Weekend.
The event runs May 11-13 during the new event hours of 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. each day at the local wineries. The event offers great reasons to visit local wineries, including wine tastings at each location and the opportunity to speak with winemakers and those passionate about wine. Select wineries have outdoor seating available, and wineries are located across the Spokane region, creating easy access to wineries. Visit each winery to explore unique festivities.
Spring traditionally marks the end of winemaking season and represents the beginning of a new wine year. The wineries invite the public to celebrate the weekend. Tasting fees may apply. Download a map at www.spokanewineries.net.
With the addition of Hard Row to Hoe, Northwest Cellars, Skylite Cellars and Terra Blanca at Nectar Tasting Room, Spokane residents and visitors can taste wine from 24 Washington wineries at 18 local tasting rooms. Nectar will be showcasing some new wines and great deals. Your tasting fee of $5 gets you 8 small samples (members taste free). Check out the wine and deals below! Nectar will be open Noon – 10pm on Friday and Saturday, Noon – 6pm on Sunday.
HARD ROW TO HOE:
- NEW – Nauti Buoy White Blend $18 (reg $22)
- Shameless Hussy Melot $20 (reg $25)
- Brut Sparkling Wine $16 btl (reg $32) buy 4 or more
- Cadenza (Cab/Merlot/Carmenere) $18 (reg $21)
- Hiney Red Blend $10 btl (reg $16) buy 4 or more
- Walla Walla Cabernet $25 btl (reg $30)
- NEW: 2011 Sauvignon Blanc $12 (reg $15)
- Lot 1 Red Blend $120 per case (reg $336)
# # #
The Spokane Winery Association is an alliance of Spokane-area wineries that work to promote regional wine products. The Spokane Winery Association’s mission is to promote communication and interaction between the wineries of Spokane, to promote economic development through winery tourism and to increase the awareness and profile of the wineries in the Spokane area. Members of the alliance produce an eclectic blend of distinctly Washington wines ranging from intense, rich reds and crisp whites to complex blends. For more information visit www.spokanewineries.net
14 Feb 2012
Starting Thursday, February 16, Nectar Tasting Room is excited to announce they have more food options. Since opening in January 2011, Nectar has provided guests with a large or small meat and cheese tray. “We saw a need and listened to our guests who are looking for a few more options when it comes to food,” says owner Josh Wade. “While being a restaurant or wine bar is not our business model, we knew we could do more.” Nectar has expanded the relationship it has with local caterer Just a Couple of Moms and developed a partnership with restaurants within close proximity, Soulful Soups and Sushi.com. Wine lovers can now enjoy a baked brie plate, lamb skewers with blue cheese, a sushi sampler, or a cup of soup and beer bread in addition to the popular meat and cheese trays.
Nectar Tasting Room is a shared space of five Washington wineries from various regions across the state. Visitors can enjoy an educational wine tasting of five wines (rotates weekly), wine by the glass, and purchase wines to take home and enjoy as well. “We are a winery just like any local winery, we just happen to have 45 wines on the menu to choose from,” says Wade.