“Anelare” is Italian for “desire” or “yearn for,” and it is a fitting description of our low-allocation, premium winery—both before production began and now that the fourth vintage is available to club members. We desired to create a bottle of wine that you would be proud to uncork during special occasions with close friends and family … and soon, you will be yearning for more. The majority of Anelare wines are not available in stores or restaurants, so the only way to partake in the rare pleasure of our 2008 Columbia Valley Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon varietals is to become a member of the Anelare Wine Club or to visit the Nectar Tasting Room.
Forrest and Kahryn Alexander along with winemaker Victor Cruz (from Canon del Sol) invite you to be a part of their family and share their passion.
The Wine at Nectar Tasting Room
To be determined:
- 2008 Nonna Viola Red Blend – The highly anticipated new release to follow up the award winning 2007 vintage. The50% Syrah, 25% Merlot 25% Cabernet blend is aged 20 months in new and used French and American oak barrels.
- 2007 St Helena Syrah – 100% Syrah from Goose Ridge and Gamache Vineyards. Aged 22 months in new and used French and American oak barrels. WINEMAKER NOTES: This big syrah will enhance a nice Sunday stew, such as braised beef. It will pair nicely with hearty food. Contrary, on the lighter side, you may piece it with soft French cheeses, blue cheese.
- 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon – Notes coming soon
- 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon – Hints of raspberry, plum and peach. This sophisticated wine has big fruit yet is still velvety. While it\’s 100% bold Cabernet it is as soft as a Bordeaux blend.
- 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon – Coffee and oak on the nose with a smoky quality of dark berries like black cherry, black currant and an espresso finish.