29 Mar 2012
Painting is fun. Throw in a wine tasting and a group of friends and painting becomes a lifelong memory. Today we’re partnering with GROUPON and TIPSY MUSE to bring you eight two hour painting classes at Nectar Tasting Room.
What do you get for your GROUPON? You get an instructor with 16 years experience. You get a wine tasting to help loosen up your creativity. You get a guided class with all the supplies you need to create your masterpiece. What do you need? $20, a creative spirit, a free Sunday afternoon, and hopefully a few friends.
CHECK OUT THE GROUPON HERE (ends Saturday 3/31). Choose your date and painting. Better hurry, each class is limited to just 30 people.
April 22- Leopard Chair
April 29 – Treble Clef Symbol
May 6 – Purple Poppy Flower
May 20 – Coffee Cup
May 27 – Cupcake
June 3 – Owl
June 17 – Neutral Abstract
June 24 – Spokane Starry Night
Nectar Tasting Room is pleased to announce the selection of Inland Northwest Blood Center’s Epicurean Delight for their quarterly Cheers for Charity partnership. INBC is the sole provider of blood services to our region. INBC must collect blood from 200 volunteer donors each day in order to meet the demand of more than 35 area hospitals and medical facilities.
Proceeds from Epicurean Delight events are used to advance INBC’s life saving mission with a portion of the funds designated to providing superior technologies and blood center education and training.
“We are proud to partner with such a worthwhile organization with a longstanding history of helping people,” says owner Josh Wade. Nectar members and guests are encouraged to support the INBC in one of several ways:
A CASE FOR A CAUSE
During the month of April when you purchase a case (12 bottles) of wine from Nectar Tasting Room, $40 from each case will be donated to INBC*. Bottles range from $14 and up and include collections from Anelare Winery, Hard Row to Hoe, Northwest Cellars, Skylite Cellars, and Terra Blanca. “With over 40 wines available from a variety of wineries, Nectar is a great choice for this partnership,” says INBC Communication Manager Melanie Fisher.
APRIL 4 KICKOFF: Help us kick off the Case for a Cause month on Wednesday, April 4. Enjoy live music and a complimentary selection of wines to help you make your decision. This is the perfect time to stock up and support a great cause at the same time. 6-8pm; 120 N. Stevens 509.869.1572
NOVEMBER 9, 2012: Tickets are on sale now for the 31st annual Epicurean Delight. The event is almost always a sell out and is one of Spokane’s premier fundraising galas. Don’t miss it. Ticket information here.
Cheers for Charity is a quarterly partnership with one select non-profit organization. “We’re excited to partner with these various organizations and provide what we can to make a difference in the world,” says Josh.
*member discounts and case discounts will not apply.
21 Mar 2012
Spokane and wine again? You got it, I never tire of talking about the amazing wine scene in Spokane. With 25 wineries claiming a presence (19 producers), Spokane provides residents and visitors an abundance of grape exploration. Four downtown locations, including Nectar Tasting Room have recently teamed up to provide a walking wine pass.
Arbor Crest (at River Park Square), Cougar Crest, Whitestone Winery, and Nectar Tasting Room are all within 4 blocks of each other. Whether you’re staying at The Davenport Hotel, doing some shopping at River Park Square, or coming downtown for dinner, the tasting pass lets you taste wine at all four wineries for only $10 (regularly $20). The pass can be purchased at all four locations and has a one week expiration date.
Get out and explore.
*The Walking Wine Tour card is not valid on First Friday or Spokane Winery Association event weekends. Limit one pass per person.
Arbor Crest Winery – 808 West Main, 3rd Floor of River Park Square
Cougar Crest Winery – 8 North Post
Whitestone Winery – 8 North Post
Nectar Tasting Room – 120 North Stevens
05 Mar 2012
March. Daylight savings time, St Patrick’s Day, Spring…I can almost feel the sunshine on my face as I anticipate the rebirth of the grass, trees, and flowers! If you’ve been following along, you know we’ve been BUSY at Nectar. In February we announced a new expanded food menu and partnerships with local restaurants. We also decided to lease the 1000 sq ft next to Nectar and use it for an extra event space, large event overflow and more. The Barrel Room should be done by April 1. Check out our EVENTS PAGE for all the details.
March 1 – 3
- THURSDAY: Tango at Nectar? YOU BET! Come get your dance on from 7-9pm with the Spokane Tango Club. Dancers of all skill levels are welcome. We’ll also have wine specials and appetizers available for purchase.
- FRIDAY: TGIFF (Thank God it’s First Friday) – Did you hear, Nectar was voted a First Friday Favorite. Come by and find out why. This month we’ve got the beautiful art of Christina Deubel and swinging jazz favorites from Rachel Bade-McMurphy Trio. Bob Delf from Northwest Cellars will be on hand slingin’ the juice (including a brand new wine).
- SATURDAY: If you’ve ever met Bob from NW Cellars, you know he likes to offer a deal when he comes. Drop by Saturday and taste through some of the new NW Cellars wines including the 08 Petit Verdot, 08 Carmenere, 08 Intrigue and a brand new blend, the 08 Cadenza (a blend of Cab, Merlot and Carmenere).
- THURSDAY: We are closed to host the All Saints fundraising auction.
- FRIDAY: Join us for the release of the Anelare Ottimista Chenin Blanc, Anelare’s first white wine. This wonderfully crisp white offers a touch of sweetness and is only $18. Music from Maxie Ray Mills from 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY: Join us for wine tasting and a relaxing way to spend the afternoon. Make the walking tour from Nectar to Cougar Crest, Whitestone and Arbor Crest for added fun. We welcome for the first time the music of Janet Johnson from 6:30-9:30.
- MONDAY: Is The Bachelor your guilty pleasure? Join us at Nectar for the season finale. Winemaker Ben Flajnik has to choose…will he pop the question. RSVP HERE
- FRIDAY: Nectar will be pouring at The Wishing Star’s Taste Spokane event at Northern Quest Resort and Casino. Tickets are available here (if you’re not going, stop by Nectar).
- ST PATRICKS DAY: Get a front row view of Spokane’s St Patrick’s Day Parade with a reserved table at Nectar. Stay dry from the elements, have a guaranteed spot, enjoy a bottle of wine, and munch on an appetizer plate. Reserve the table of 4 (bottle of wine and appetizer included) for only $75. Email email@example.com – limited availability. Music by Brian McCann and Ron Kieper starts at 6:30
- WEDNESDAY: Inland Imaging hosts this free event open to the public. Premium NW wines, hors d’oeuvres. Informative presentation from Dr. Rod Raabe. Prize drawings. Complimentary screening for spider and varicose veins available. RSVP HERE or call 455.4455
- THURSDAY: Nectar Milonga Tango night returns. Enjoy wine and tango from 7-9pm. All skill levels welcome. Come to learn, come to dance, come to watch!
- FRIDAY: Nectar owner, Josh Wade makes his musical debut. After a three year absence from playing in public, Josh shares a fun set list that includes John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Eric Clapton, Matchbox 20, Lifehouse and more while you sip on wine from 5 Washington wineries; 6:30-9:00
- SATURDAY: Enjoy the music of Michael J. Dwyer from 6:30-9:30 and The Final Sip from 9-10pm.
- FRIDAY: Nectar moves the regular evening business to The Barrel Room while we host our first wedding reception in the main space. Come enjoy great wine as you wrap up the first week of Spring.
- SATURDAY: Another Tipsy Muse Painting Party. Get a group of friends together for a some wine and painting. Tipsy Muse guides you through the step by step process of creating a masterpiece…and memories. 1-4pm; $40 (includes a wine tasting) – Call 509.869.1572 or visit http://tipsymuse.com. The return of the reserve flight all day and music from Ron Criscione from 6:30-9:30
Join us on April 6 for First Friday with Skylite Cellars and their HINEY WINE. Music from the Rachel Bade-McMurphy Jazz Trio. Artist still to be determined.
Planning ahead? Mark your calendar for May 11-13 and Spring Barrel Tasting Weekend.
Space. The final frontier. At the beginning of the year we set out with three goals in mind. 1) More food options. Last week we announced an expansion of our menu with some unique partnerships with nearby restaurants. 2) Market more like a winery. More on this in the coming weeks. 3) Greater focus on our event rental business. That brings us to today’s big announcement. We have entered into an agreement to lease the adjoining 1000 square feet next to Nectar (formerly known as the LaunchPadINW Training Center).
Over the next several weeks you’ll see the space transform into what we will be calling “The Barrel Room.” We will continue the modern vibe into the space by adding one of our signature chandeliers, a soft seating area, matching color scheme, window branding, and a wall of wine barrels. The additional space gives us the flexibility that we’ve been missing during our first year in business. With The Barrel Room we can now host private events up to 40 people while we are open for business. We can even rent out the Nectar side and move our normal wine tasting business to The Barrel Room.
Rental rates will be $75 per hour for The Barrel Room, $125 per hour for Nectar and $175 per hour for all 3000 sq ft. All event inquiries can be directed to Sulo or Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://drinknectar.com/event-rental/ for more information.
MEMBERSHIP JUST GOT EVEN SWEETER
With this additional space, our Club Nectar membership just got even more valuable. Club Nectar members can rent the space at 25% off the published rates. Imagine, host one party and your $75 annual membership fee is paid for. For more information about our clubs (and to purchase) click here.
*****PRESS RELEASE – NECTAR EXPANDS TO INCLUDE THE BARREL ROOM*****
Nectar Tasting Room, at 120 N. Stevens, just got even bigger with the announcement of the acquisition of the adjoining 1000 square feet next door. The new space (formerly the LaunchPadINW training center), will be decorated in the same urban modern style of Nectar and will also include a wall of wine barrels. “The Barrel Room gives us the flexibility to host private events, small and large, while we remain open to the public,” says owner Josh Wade. “A focus of 2012 is to expand our event rental options and take advantage of our beautiful space and convenient downtown location.” The Barrel Room plans to open on April 1. With their expanded food menu and the additional square footage for events, Nectar is continuing its focus on being a top spot in Downtown Spokane. “We can now rent the space in three different ways, 1000 sq ft, 2000 sq ft or the full 3000 sq ft for large groups,” says Josh. For event inquiry contact email@example.com.
Nectar Tasting Room is a shared space of five Washington wineries from various regions across the state. Visitors can enjoy an educational wine tasting of five wines (rotates weekly), wine by the glass, and purchase wines to take home and enjoy as well. “We are a winery just like any local winery, we just happen to have 45 wines on the menu to choose from,” says Wade.