Looking for a great place to spend the last night of 2012 and the first night (moments) of 2013 in Spokane? Nectar Tasting Room has put together a fun wine, food and entertainment night just for you.
One of my favorite Nectar events of the year last year was our New Year’s Eve party. It was a fun group of friends hanging out, drinking wine, listening to music, eating good food, and celebrating like one big family. We even had the added surprise of being able to see the NYE fireworks from our front bay window as people applied the traditional first kiss of the year to their loved one.
For only $99 per couple (that’s $50 each for those mathematically challenged) here is what you get:
- Appetizers from 6-8pm
- Buffet dinner from Catered for You at 8pm
- Bottle of wine (up to $30)
- Music from Karrie O’Neill
- Sparkling wine toast at midnight
Come for part or all of the night. We are limiting the event to only 70 people so everyone has a fun and comfortable time.
The dinner menu has been set, Catered for you will be providing Baby greens with pears and cranberries with a white balsamic vinaigrette and asiago cheese; Petite Beef Medallions with a Cab Franc demi glaze on a yukon potato cake; Lemon chicken Roulade with lemon beurre blanc on rice cakes; Rustic breads and butter and Petite Desserts
BUY TICKETS TODAY (they are already selling fast).
Club Nectar members save $20 by entering the coupon code “ClubNectar” during the checkout process.
If I could only find a job where I could get paid to drink wine, use Pinterest and entertain people…hmmm…oh, wait, that is my job! Recently we had our first ever PINTEREST party at Nectar Tasting Room! Wine, crafts and spray paint, what could go wrong?
Pinterest is the popular social media site where users create interest boards and pin various images from across the internet for a visual favorites/reminder/inspiration site. Many pins are food, craft, clothing and decoration related. Inspired by my popular “12 Merry Christmas Wine Decorations” blog post, I decided to host a crafting party where my friends could make these amazing wine craft ideas.
Step by step instructions and shopping list for each craft
The Sunday afternoon was a great example of how wine brings together friends for laughter and memories. A good group of 20+ people showed up to explore their creative side. Some, like me, were crafting newbies, while others showed their craft prowess for the whole group. We had fun, learned together and consumed quite a few glasses of grapes in the process. Everyone left with at least one fun Christmas craft and lots of memories.
Snowy Wine Bottle Centerpiece
This craft only requires a bottle (or more) of wine, white primer, epsom salts, and any assorted decorations you want to spruce up your display. The lesson learned here is to spray your bottles in a well ventilated area. One can of spray paint will fully cover about 8 bottles.
Evergreen Festive Bottle
I really loved how these crafts turned out. With a little metal twine and some evergreen sprigs, holly berries, pine cones, and decorative elements, a regular ole wine bottle can be a festive accent piece.
Oh Corksmas Tree
Our crafters really got in the spirit with their corksmas trees. With a little glue and some creativity, we had a great variety to cork themed trees.
All you need is 5 corks, some glue and a little ribbon for this holiday ornament. I think a whole wine themed Christmas tree should be a goal for next year’s party!
Special thanks to my craft helpers at the party and to photographer Jeff Schindler. See all of his amazing work here and view all the pictures from the party on his Facebook page (like it while you’re there).
08 Nov 2012
Looking for the ultimate excuse to go wine tasting in Spokane. Join us for the 27th annual Holiday Wine Festival. This year you can enjoy wine from 24 wineries at 18 different locations. As always the event is the weekend before Thanksgiving so you can stock up on all the wines you will need for dinner and you can get a head start on your holiday gift shopping.
Nectar Tasting Room will feature eight wines (including 5 under $16) and several great deals for your shopping pleasure.
MODIFIED HOURS: Friday Noon-10pm. Saturday and Sunday Noon-6pm
HARD ROW TO HOE: Get a little playful with 25% off of six packs of Afternoon Delight and Lickity Split (1/2 bottles). These are fun conversation starters about fun story of Hard Row to Hoe. We’ll also be pouring the Pinot Noir and Zinfandel (both great Thanksgiving wines).
NORTHWEST CELLARS: Enjoy two great wines at a phenomenal price. Enjoy the newly released 2008 Merlot ($15) and the 2011 Chardonnay ($12). Both are a great value for your holiday imbibing needs.
SKYLITE CELLARS: Hiney returns for the holidays. The popular Walla Walla red blend is back for only $15 a bottle, $80 for a six pack and $120 per case ($10 per bottle). Having a big party, or need a lot of gifts, this is a perfect wine for that. Who doesn’t want a little hiney for the holidays. Also pouring the 2007 Skylite Syrah.
TERRA BLANCA: Every holiday table needs a dry Riesling to cut through all the flavors. Enjoy the 2011 Terra Blanca Riesling for only $11. Go bold or go home with the 2008 Red Mountain Cabernet at only $16 a bottle. The rich fruit forward Cabernet will please your wine loving crowd.
OTHER PLACES TO TASTE
Mike Conway, Owner/Winemaker at Latah Creek Winery, says that the spirit of Holiday Wine Fest really hasn’t changed, as it has always centered around gift-giving and exciting new food-and-wine pairings. Now President of the Spokane Winery Association, Mike Conway incorporated Latah Creek in 1982 (the same year as another mainstay, Arbor Crest Wine Cellars), and was part of the original HWF event in 1986. Each year, his wife, Ellena, creates a special 4-5-course meal, a different course to be featured at each pouring station. Latah Creek also boasts one of Spokane’s best winery gift shops, which Ellena will stock with brand new holiday items.
Nodland Cellars is a micro-boutique winery in the Spokane Valley that consistently makes some of the best wines I’ve tried. Tim Nodland (owner and winemaker) is on hand to guide you through the tasting and educate you on the joys of his old world style Bordeaux blend. Noland is also home to the popular ‘Bad Attitude” blend that can help turn any holiday bad attitude into something quite a bit more enjoyable. Join Tim and his team at 11616 E Montgomery in the Spokane Valley (look for the signs).
Come downtown and discover the 13 tasting rooms housing 18 of Spokane’s wineries. Enjoy the hidden gems at Robert Karl Cellars (Pacific and Brown) or stop by the Broadview Dairy building (905 N Washington) where you can try wines from Caterina, Lone Canary, and bubbly from Mountain Dome. Exploring downtown is a fun way to enjoy Holiday Wine Festival. There are many places to stop to eat and you can take a break from your day with some shopping or a stroll through the park.
Visit these and Spokane’s many other wineries this holiday season. Holiday Wine Fest 2012 runs November 16th-18th, Noon-6pm. Remember, if you are planning to taste with a group of 10 or more, please be courteous and call the winery ahead of time. Tasting fees may apply. For more information about this event and all participating wineries, visit www.SpokaneWineries.net. Visitor information can be obtained at www.VisitSpokane.com. For wine tours, visit www.GroupCoordinators.com orwww.SpokaneWinerytours.com.
03 Oct 2012
Welcome to the fourth quarter of 2012. I’m constantly amazed at how fast time flies when you’re having fun. In the midst of our busy lives I hope we remember to love fully, make a difference in the lives of others, and enjoy great wine with friends. As the weather turns cooler we have a great line up of wine events to help warm your soul. Nectar is a perfect place to hang out with friends. We have live music EVERY Friday night and check out our added Saturday dates below. Enjoy life with friends, drink happy!
It’s First Friday weekend! Talent abounds in Spokane’s art and music scene and we are proud supporters of all the artists and musicians who help Spokane come alive the FIRST FRIDAY of every month. Join us this month with contemporary acoustic hits performed by Daniel Mills (Son of Brad) and the Urban Reflections photography display from Kris Ogren of KCO Photography. Reserve a table – call 509.869.1572.
1/2 price 2008 Terra Blanca Cabernet. Regularly $240 per case now only $120 per case
- Thirsty Thursday returns with a vengeance. We know you’re thirsty and we’re here to help. As always 1/2 price appetizer plates with the purchase of a bottle and now…15% (25% for members) any 3 pack of wine. Stop in after work and stock up for the weekend. Why a three pack? One bottle for each day of the weekend.
- Friday we welcome for the first time, Tommy G. A well known Spokane musician, Tommy will be playing your soulful acoustic favorites from the 70′s 80′s and today. Music starts at 6:30.
- Saturday is always a fun day for wine tasting with friends. We open at noon and close at 10. The Final Sip is from 9-10pm. If you’ve never joined us for The Final Sip, it’s time to remedy that…STAT.
- Friday – music with Rob Bryceson; 6:30
- Saturday – music with Eric Neuhauser; 6:30
- Thursday – Thirsty Thursday continues
- Friday – music with Sam Endress; 6:30
- Saturday – music with Ron Criscione; 6:30
HOLIDAY PARTIES AND CUSTOM LABELS
Don’t forget to book your holiday party at Nectar Tasting Room or The Barrel Room (or both). We can host your private, corporate, or charity party for groups of 20-100. Prices are reasonable. Many mid-week prime dates are already filling up, so don’t delay. For rates and details visit our Event Rental page on this site.
Looking for a great way to say Merry Christmas or Thank You to your staff? We can do custom wine labels with any Northwest Cellar wine. Whether you need 1 or 100+ bottles, we can accommodate your needs. We’ve done custom labels for large charity events like The Pumpkin Ball and for small thank you presents. Call today 509.869.1572
06 Sep 2012
Kids are back in school, the nights are getting cool, and you’re all returning from the lake and the pool. Grapes are beginning to be harvested and the 2012 vintage starts to become wine that you will soon consume. These are the signs that summer is ending but don’t be sad because we have a great line up of events and new wine coming your way to help ease you into fall and *gasp even winter! Thanks again for helping us through another successful month. August was a full 80% better this year than 2011.
- THURSDAY – It’s Thirsty Thursday Tango night once again. If you haven’t been down for our monthly Tango night, you are missing out on a lot of fun. We have glass specials for dancers and you can come watch, come learn and even get in on the action to dance. Open 2-9 (Tango from 7-9).
- FIRST FRIDAY – Once again we have quite the line up for First Friday. Join us as Mr. Bob from Northwest Cellars joins us for his final appearance of 2012. If you haven’t tasted with Bob, you’re missing out. He is bringing with him 5 – yep FIVE – new wines including the new Carmenere, Malbec, Merlot and Syrah. Also on deck for the night is the swinging jazz of Rachel Bade McMurphy and a VERY unique art presentation.
This exhibition is a romantic representation of the couture gowns designed and created by Kirsten Longly, as seen through the eyes of photographer Jennifer Harvey. The images represent the fearless joy of embracing your dreams. The gowns will be hitting the runway on September 27th at the Bing Crosby theater in a joint effort to raise funds for Teen Closet, a charity that speaks directly to Kirsten’s heart.
- SATURDAY – The fun continues with Northwest Cellars with 15% off bottles and 25% off mixed cased of NWC wines. If First Friday is a little busy for you, Saturday is the perfect pace to enjoy the new wine.
9/12 ALERT Nectar Tasting Room owner, Josh Wade turns the big FOUR OH!
- THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday continues for all the wine lovers out there. Get 1/2 price appetizer plates with the purchase of a bottle of wine (to stay or to go). Enjoy our free wi-fi for the last meeting of the day or just stop by with a group of friends.
- FRIDAY – We’re hosting a rehearsal dinner in the main space but The Barrel Room will be open all night for you to enjoy!
- SATURDAY – Enjoy the music of Joe Caruso from 6:30-9:30 and The Final Sip from 9-10pm
- WEDNESDAY – Join our Quarterly Cheers for Charity celebration with Teen Closet. Teen Closet’s mission is to help boost the self esteem of teenagers in foster care, by providing fashionable clothing and accessories of their choice. Directors Robyn Nance of KXLY, and Linda Rogers, president of the Foster Parent Association, saw a need to help children in the foster care system with the items that often go overlooked. The event is free (donations welcome); 6-8pm
- FRIDAY – After our Gonzaga MBA event we welcome back Janet Johnson. Back by popular demand, Janet plays great renditions of acoustic folk and some country and blues. 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – The RESERVE FLIGHT returns. Come taste 5 of our best wines (rarely available in the tasting flight). These wines range from $40-$60 each. Taste them all for $10.
Attention business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers and operations managers. Social media and online marketing tools are changing the way you interact with and engage customers. The Go Social conference brings in national speakers and local experts for a day of education, motivation and equipping you to succeed. Tickets can be found at the GoSocialINW site.
- THURSDAY – Fall is here. We will help you cope. How does a 1 day 25% off everything sale sound. We’re open 2-8, don’t miss out on your favorite wines at the lowest per bottle price we have all year long.
- FRIDAY – Closing on a Friday night for the first time ever. One lucky couple is getting married and they decided to rent the entire space for the night for their rehearsal dinner.
- SATURDAY – Open all day and into the night. We welcome for the first time, Rob Bryceson to the stage from 6:30-9:30. Rob plays a great blend of acoustic blues and classic rock hits…a perfect companion to a bottle or two of red wine.