04 Feb 2013
Ahhh, love, some say it’s all you need, others say it stinks. It is a pursuit of our hearts and a satisfaction of our souls. At Nectar, we are celebrating February with TWO weekends of love, wine, chocolate and music. Check out all the romantic details below for Spokane Winery Association ValenWine weekend and the romantic Valentine’s weekend as well. Festivities include free tastings, free cookies, flowers for the ladies and great deals.
FEBRUARY 9-10 – VALENWINE WEEKEND
The Spokane Winery Association wineries will be celebrating Valentine’s Day by hosting the third annual ValenWine Weekend event, Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10. Spokane wineries will be opening their doors from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily, for visitors to taste a variety of wine, enjoy treats from Rocket Bakery and for a chance to win tickets to the Spokane Symphony’s performance of A Hero’s Life.
Wine is a perfect way to enjoy the Valentine’s Day holiday. The Spokane wineries invite the public to mingle with knowledgeable staff members, winemakers and wine lovers, while tasting the latest vintages. Enter-to-win forms for two Spokane Symphony tickets per winery location will be available, and Rocket Bakery will be providing treats to satisfy your sweet cravings at Spokane wineries throughout the weekend.
In addition to the above fun, visitors to Nectar Tasting Room will receive a complimentary tasting pass to use on a return visit and the featured wines will be on sale from 15-50% off!
FEBRUARY 15-16 – Free flowers, wine and music for date night
Are you celebrating Valentine’s Day with your significant other? Make wine and chocolate part of your date night plans. Ladies get a free wine tasting and flower compliments of Nectar Tasting Room. We have music on Friday from Ron Criscione and Saturday from Brett DeChenne. Romance starts when we open and music begins at 6:30.
Celebrate love at Nectar. With wines like Good in Bed, Burning Desire, Afternoon Delight and high quality Washington wine, you can’t go wrong. We have 45 different wines available by the glass. That’s enough to impress any date.
31 Jan 2013
Love is in the air and there is nothing that helps that love out more than a bottle of wine. When you’re ready to celebrate the love of your life, or at least the love of right now, we have a whole month of fun planned for you! Love. Wine. Chocolate. It’s probably all you need.
TWO THINGS – IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM
1) Nectar is becoming a premier place to host an event. It’s affordable, hip, and we have great wine. Planning a birthday, bachelorette, bridal party? Host your rehearsal dinner or wedding reception at Nectar. We do small weddings for parties of 30-40 too.
2) Every year we focus on 3 areas of opportunity. Last week we announced a major improvement to our wine clubs. If you are a member, your membership just got even better. Not yet part of the club? Better join now, member’sip’ has its privileges.
FIRST FRIDAY IS BACK. We have TWO exhibits this month. Check out the amazing photography of Sonny Moeckel and the inspiring African Jewelry and Craft Display (in The Barrel Room). Music from one of our favorites, Maxie Ray Mills. Activities start at 5:00. Call to reserve a table. Open until 10pm.
SATURDAY – Amazing wine tastings all day. End the day with The Final Sip. Only $10 and you can taste up to 8 of any of the wines left standing after a long day. Members taste for FREE.
FEBRUARY 5 PRSA PINTEREST PARTY –
How can Pinterest work for your business? The Spokane PRSA is hosting a Pinterest party at Nectar and YOU are invited. Your ticket price of $20 ($10 for PRSA members) gets you two glasses of wine, some appetizers and a talk by Josh Wade of nectarMEDIA and Nectar Tasting Room on the best practices of Pinterest for business. TIX HERE
Ready for love? We are. Join us for the Spokane Winery Association ValenWINE weekend. We will celebrate with music on Friday night, wine and chocolate on Saturday and Sunday (including the first wedding at Nectar). Every guest will receive a complimentary wine tasting coupon to use on a return visit. With 5 wineries and 45 wines, add us to your ValenWine stop in Spokane.
FRIDAY MUSIC Brad Keeler 6:30-9:30
FEBRUARY 13 PUPPY LOVE @ NECTAR
Nothing says love like the unconditional love of a puppy. Join Natures Pet Market and Nectar for an event to benefit Spokane Humane Society. Your $10 ticket gets you some great wine, food and entertainment. Tickets are available at Natures Pet Market and Spokanimal. DETAILS HERE
- THURSDAY: We are closed on Valentine’s Day to host a private event for Gonzaga University
- FRIDAY – Celebrating Valentine’s Day with your sweetie. Ladies get a complimentary wine tasting and a free rose (while supplies last) when coming in for ‘date night.’ Romantic music from Ron Criscione from 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – Ladies day/night continues. Bring in your wife/girlfriend/significant other for a complimentary wine tasting. Love is in the air and we want to be a part of it.
FEBRUARY 21 – 23
- THURSDAY – Open in The Barrel Room for wine tasting and wine by the glass. In the main space, SSYP is hosting Mayor David Condon.
- FRIDAY- It’s been a while but we are excited to welcome back the amazing talent of Just Plain Darin (Hilderbrand). Darin is a guitar stud and a talent you won’t want to miss. Maybe if we plan it right, Josh will get up and join him for a few tunes.
- SATURDAY – More talent…Stephanie Hatzinikolis returns with a smooth soulful vibe on the piano. Stephanie’s music is a great pairing with wine on a cool winter night. Looking for something fun and chilaxing to do in Spokane? Join US.
25 Jan 2013
We’ve often said that member’sip’ has its privileges. At Nectar, we’ve IMPROVED our two club programs by lowering the price and adding MORE value. If you are already a member, you’ll love the new perks. If you’ve been waiting to join…now you can enjoy wine just like the cool kids!
Each year we evaluate where we can improve and make Nectar even better for or guests. This is the first of three major changes and announcements for 2013. Hope you enjoy the benefits. Enjoy life with friends…drink happy.
CLUB NECTAR 2013
- IMPROVED: New lower price – now only $55
- Complimentary wine tasting (each and every time you come in) – non-members $5
- IMPROVED: Complimentary admission to Saturday’s Final Sip; non-members $10
- 10% discounts on every bottle purchase
- IMPROVED: 15% discount on purchases of 4 or more
- IMPROVED: 25% off room rental rates for private parties
- NEW: 4 Club Member Only events during the year
- Discounts on various Nectar and Spokane wine events
THE HIGH FIVE WINE CLUB (formerly The Quarterly Sip)
We know you love coming in and trying wine and getting discounts. We also know you love getting access to new wines, sold out wines and special bottles. Join the High Five Club and you’ll get five ‘shipments’ of wine during the year. Check out the benefits below. This is our best club to join, especially if you love wine (which we know you do)
- GET ALL THE CLUB NECTAR BENEFITS LISTED ABOVE
- 2-3 special wines 5 times per year at up to 20% off retail
- Only $55 per shipment/pickup (plus shipping if applicable)
If you are currently a Quarterly Sip member, you will automatically be enrolled in the High Five Wine Club.
(We will reach out to you to get your payment information on file)
02 Jan 2013
Welcome to 2013! Another year is behind us and another year of opportunity lies ahead. What plans do you have? What goals have you set? For us, 2012 was a banner second year of business with continued growth in wine sales and event rentals. Like last year, we have three main areas of focus for 2013. You’ll have to wait for future announcements to find out. In the meantime, check out our very busy event schedule for January. We have a few spots left for our Wine Down Wednesday dinners on January 9 and 16. Don’t miss this great deal at only $20 per person (dinner, wine and gratuity included).
Just because you just celebrated New Year’s doesn’t mean you are done partying. We have FIRST FRIDAY here for you. Check out the great paintings from Nicole Downhour and music from the Rachel Bade McMurphy Jazz Trio. Festivities go from 2-10pm (sometimes a little later)
Saturday is a great day for wine tasting. Restock your wine selection after the crazy holidays by tasting our favorite wines. Ben and I select our favorite wines for you to taste for only $5. Enjoy the Hard Row to Hoe Sauvignon Blanc, Anelare Syrah, Northwest Cellars Malbec, Skylite Cellars Reserve and the Terra Blanca Signature Cabernet. EACH WINE IS 15% off per bottle and 25% off four or more (SATURDAY ONLY)
1/9 WINE DOWN WEDNESDAY DINNER (6 spots left)
1/11 – CELEBRATE OUR SECOND BIRTHDAY! Nectar enters its terrible twos. For the first time all five wineries will be on hand for the same night. The first 100 customers receive a special gift. Enjoy wine deals, new wines, live music and of course birthday cake. We will make big announcement too.
This is the party of the year for Nectar. We hope you can join us as we say THANK YOU for helping to make our second year so amazing.
1/12 SATURDAY – Come for the continued festivities with prizes every hour from 2-6pm. We will give away a wine trip, gift certificates, club memberships, and of course wine!
1/16 WINE DOWN WEDNESDAY DINNER (10 spots left)
1/18 We love when Olivia Brownlee comes home to visit. Why? Because she is one of the most delightful musicians we have at Nectar. Haven’t heard her yet? Do yourself a favor and join us from 6:30-9:30. Never a cover charge and always a great time with wine.
1/19 THE FINAL SIP – We hate to waste wine, so help us save the grapes by coming to The Final Sip. For only $10, taste up to 8 of any wine we still have open from the weekend. This is a great way to try a variety of wine at Nectar.
1/26 – Music from Josh Wade (yeah, that’s me – performing once or twice per year at Nectar). Come drink, come dance, come heckle – just leave your tomatoes at home. With over 25 years of playing experience, I’ll play music from The Beatles to John Mayer. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy one or two songs but more importantly, hope you enjoy life with friends and drink happy!
Looking for a great place to spend the last night of 2012 and the first night (moments) of 2013 in Spokane? Nectar Tasting Room has put together a fun wine, food and entertainment night just for you.
One of my favorite Nectar events of the year last year was our New Year’s Eve party. It was a fun group of friends hanging out, drinking wine, listening to music, eating good food, and celebrating like one big family. We even had the added surprise of being able to see the NYE fireworks from our front bay window as people applied the traditional first kiss of the year to their loved one.
For only $99 per couple (that’s $50 each for those mathematically challenged) here is what you get:
- Appetizers from 6-8pm
- Buffet dinner from Catered for You at 8pm
- Bottle of wine (up to $30)
- Music from Karrie O’Neill
- Sparkling wine toast at midnight
Come for part or all of the night. We are limiting the event to only 70 people so everyone has a fun and comfortable time.
The dinner menu has been set, Catered for you will be providing Baby greens with pears and cranberries with a white balsamic vinaigrette and asiago cheese; Petite Beef Medallions with a Cab Franc demi glaze on a yukon potato cake; Lemon chicken Roulade with lemon beurre blanc on rice cakes; Rustic breads and butter and Petite Desserts
BUY TICKETS TODAY (they are already selling fast).
Club Nectar members save $20 by entering the coupon code “ClubNectar” during the checkout process.