30 Mar 2011
Save for 12 months on everything at Nectar Tasting Room. For just 10 days you have the opportunity to join the club that keeps giving and can provide you as much savings as you can handle. Join the growing club of satisfied members.
Enjoy the following membership privileges for only $39 (regularly $75)
- 10% off of all bottle purchases (no minimum required)
- 15% off of all case purchases (average savings of $45)
- Complimentary tasting bar flights (regularly $5)
- ½ price admission to The Final Sip, our weekly wine party
- Invitation to exclusive events
Visit the “DEAL PAGE” to buy the deal today!
The “deal” kicks in after 20 people have purchased it so please help us spread the word by sharing this post! Copy and paste the following text to your Facebook or email this to your wine loving friends.
Spread the Word on Facebook
47% off of Nectar Tasting Room membership – 12 months of savings, 12 months of wine deals. Get the deal through GROUP DEALS today! Deal ends 4/8 http://drinknectar.com/2011/03/30/47-off-of-club-nectar-membership/
09 Mar 2011
Wine. Social lubricant, relaxing release, medical miracle, challenging conundrum. Wine is a mysterious beverage that we seek to understand, love to analyze, and drive to discover. But, isn’t it just rotten grapes! I love watching people discover new flavors they love and uncover the subtle nuances of a carefully crafted creation. Nectar Tasting Room gives you the opportunity to explore 35+ wines from 5 wineries in one location. Located in Downtown Spokane at 120 N. Stevens (across from Sante Restaurant, Sushi.com and Aunties Book Store) Nectar is here for you to explore Washington wine.
March is Washington Wine Month. Come down to Nectar and experience some of the best that Washington wine has to offer.
(Yes, I realize this is in the past, but want to create an archive of events at Nectar)
- Thursday – Check in on Foursquare or Facebook places and save $1 off any glass of wine!
- Friday – Welcome to First Friday at Nectar. This month’s featured artist is Todd Sackmann. His photography provides a unique perspective on Spokane landmarks. Stop by for music from Just JoeKen. Their blend of acoustic blues, rock, classic rock and modern hits make them a Nectar favorite.
- Join Don Phelps from Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards as he samples two new wines and has come very unique giveaways.
- Saturday – Join Don Phelps again to taste your choice of 5 of the 8 wines at Nectar. The two new wines, 2007 Cabernet Franc and the unique 2007 Iron Bed Red Blend will amaze you. Music from the incomparable Maxie Ray Mills completes the evening
March 10- 12
- Thursday – SIN (Service Industry Night). If you work in the service industry (restaurant, hotel, bar, etc), stop by for 20% off of glasses and 10% off of all bottles.
- Friday – Music by one of my favorite local artists, Darin Hilderbrand. Darin provides the back drop to a visit from the energetic Cheryl Hodgins from Skylite Cellars. Cheryl comes to Spokane to celebrate the release of their 2008 Malbec. This smooth wine is full of blueberry flavor and a hint of earth and cigar box.
- Saturday – Join Skylite Cellars as we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. The local parade route goes right in front of Nectar and YOU can reserve your own private table with a view for only $69.95. Your table for four includes a bottle of wine (up to $30) and a special Irish meat and cheese appetizer plate. The parade starts at Noon. Call 509.869.1572 to secure your spot (limited to just 6 tables). Music in the evening from Karrie O’Neil.
March 17 – 19
- Thursday – Always a fun way to relax. We’re open from 2-9pm. Come by for a glass of wine. We have free wifi (for your work meetings) and meat & cheese appetizer plates to curb your appetite before dinner.
- Friday – Soulful and sweet sounds from Olivia Kintzele. Olivia’s voice is mystifying and unique. You’ve got to hear her.
- Saturday – Come enjoy Coeur d’Alene Olive Oil Company and wine at Nectar Tasting Room from Noon – 5pm. CDAOO has some amazing flavor infused olive oils that will have your taste buds begging you for more. Stay the evening for music with Colleen Rice. Don’t forget “The Final Sip” from 9-10pm – Spokane’s favorite wine party.
March 24 – 26
- Thursday – Check in on Foursquare or Facebook places and save $1 off any glass of wine.
- Friday – Your last chance to see the photography of Todd Sackmann. Music by Fawnell Gresham. Fawnell’s original acoustic folk is a mellow way to end the month.
- Saturday – New wine tasting: Taste the four new wines introduced at Nectar over the last month for only $5. Enjoy music from one of our Nectar regulars, Michael Dwyer and stay for The Final SIP. Buy a bottle during the final sip and get your FEE WAVED (one night only).
On The Radar
April is Jazz Awareness Month (J.A.M.) and Nectar is a proud supporter! Join us each Friday night for amazing local jazz music.
April brings you by the amazingly talented art from Cecile Charles. Cecile has worked on some brand new pieces just to show at Nectar. You’ll be glad you came by.
11 Feb 2011
No child should die with unfulfilled dreams. The Wishing Star foundation is one of the true heroes of this world, providing hope and fulfilling dreams to children who live with the impending threat and stress of terminal illness. These young children live their lives with thoughts of doctor’s visits, tests, pain, and medication. The Wishing Star Foundation helps to fulfill dreams of vacations, room makeovers, trips to Disneyworld, Hollywood experiences, and meeting famous people. As individuals in Spokane (and across the internet) it may seem overwhelming for us to do our part. How can we help?
Taste your way to fulfilled dreams. Friday, March 4, at the Northern Quest Resort and Casino, you can taste your way through delicious treats and local wine knowing that with each sip and with each nibble you are making another wish come true. Last year’s event drew over 800 people and raised more than $18,000. This year promises to be even bigger.
Coordinator Taryn Erickson got involved with Wishing Star after a family friend, who was a “wish child” passed away. She watched the miracles first hand and was compelled to be involved. Spokane has 40+ active wishes including 21 year old Andrew who has a rare cancer of the bone. Andrew was diagnosed as a teenager and has given up school, college, job to fight this monster into remission. Your attendance can help fulfill his wish!
This year your $30 ticket (and any additional taste tickets you buy), go to fulfill the wishes of Adrienne, Mitchell, and Evett.
Adrienne’s wish: Adrienne is four years old and suffers from heart defects. Her wish is to have a castle playhouse. Spokane Home Builder’s Apprenticeship Program is currently building the playhouse, but funds are needed for the materials!
Mitchell’s wish: Mitchell is twelve years old and suffers from brachman de lange syndrome. His wish is to go to a NASCAR race. With your help, we are hoping to send Mitchell to a race during the next NASCAR season.
Evett’s wish: Evett is nine years old and suffers from heart complications as well. Her wish is to go to Orlando, Florida. She wants to go to Disneyworld, Universal Studios and the beach. She would like to travel on her birthday this July.
Nectar Tasting Room and Spokane Wine Magazine are proud to be a part of this event and look forward to joining several amazing tasting tables provided by:
- Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
- Chocolate Myracles
- Christ Kitchen
- Coeur d’Alene Cellars
- Dry Falls Cellars
- Dry Fly Distilling
- EMVY Cellars
- Georgetown Brewing/Manny’s
- Hay J’s Bistro
- Iron Horse Brewery
- Just American Deserts
- Marsells Cakes and Desserts
- Masselow’s at Northern Quest
- Mary Hill Winery
- MJ’s Chocolate Fountain
- Mountain Dome Winery
- Nectar Tasting Room
- Northern Lights Brewery
- NQ Banquet and Conference Services
- Pend d’Oreille Winery
- Pixie Dust Chocolates
- Rocky Mountain Chocolates
- Taste of India
- Tom Sawyer Country Coffee
- Townshend Cellars
When: Friday, March 4 from 6-10 p.m.
Where: Northern Quest Casino (discounted room rates available)
01 Feb 2011
ValenWine weekend is quickly approaching. While many dread the Hallmark holiday of February 14, it is a dedicated day of the year for all the hopeless romantics to celebrate love…even if it’s just the hope of finding love some day. Tired of the same old flowers and a card, last minute Valentine’s gift? Get ready for something special, romantic and memorable.
The Spokane Winery Association has announced their first annual ValenWine Weekend. In the spirit of love, all 18 wineries of the Spokane Winery Association will host a special celebration of wine tasting with Valentine’s sweets. All 18 wineries will feature miniature heart cookies from the Rocket Bakery. Create some new memories Saturday and Sunday (February 12-13) from 11AM – 5PM; tasting fees may apply. (CLICK HERE to download a map).
Nectar Tasting Room is excited to be joining with the 18 SWA wineries to celebrate this special day. The tasting room will have five stations of chocolate and wine pairings from Pixie Dust Chocolates along with a custom ValenWine label and flowers from Just Roses Plus. A limited edition Nectar Romance Package includes flowers, chocolates and an amazing wine with a custom label (pictured below) where you can write your own romantic note to that special someone. Quantities are limited to 36 and are available for pre-order for just $49. Call 509.869.1572 to pre-order.
Wrap up your wine tasting with some soulful acoustic sounds from local musicians starting at 6pm on Friday and Saturday.
Break out of the routine and uninspired Valentine’s gifts and give the gift of ValenWine with Spokane Wineries and Nectar Tasting Room this year!
06 Jan 2011
Thank you! The words and video associated with this post would not have been possible without each of you. You have been supporters from day one. What started 14 months ago as an intentional branding effort for a wine and coffee business is now finally becoming a reality. Nectar Tasting Room is here! Who would have thought that a blog, blended with social media, combined with old fashion networking and relationship building could lead to an actual brick and mortar business?!
The steps leading to this moment have been some of THE most exciting and THE most difficult moments of my life. Finding the space at 120 N. Stevens was a magical moment. The moment I peered inside the windows, I knew this was the home to Nectar Tasting Room. Working through lease negotiations, city building regulations, and liquor control board issues have made me physically ill and visibly older (I would venture that if you go back to video #1 you’ll see a thinner and younger looking Mr. Nectar).
Once we received permission from the city to build, progress moved quickly. Every day was like watching an exciting story unfold with new twists turns and plot developments. The contractors have become friends. While they tend to push every project right up to the very last possible minute (still working on plumbing when the health inspector is walking through the building), these are good hardworking people just trying to make it in the economy. The beauty of the space is partially theirs to be proud of. While the initial relationship with the building owners started a little rocky, I have grown to like my landlord. Their family, in fact, purchased 8 Club Nectar memberships! Thanks for your support.
It takes a team to get the work done. From my original designer, Josh Hissong (who is now a great friend and a fantastic individual) to the team who picked up the ball and ran with it, Rainmaker Marketing – the space is a credit to their hard work, persistence and patience (mostly with me). Billie Gaura, Cindy Wiedmer, Josh King, and the rest of the Rainmakers, THANKYOU from the very bottom of my heart. I can’t wait to share a glass of grapes with each of you. I also want to say thanks to the local businesses who have provided their endless support – Sante Restaurant, Anemone Designs, Concept Home Furniture, Firefly Lighting, Steven Meek Architects and Pixie Dust Chocolates. My final thanks goes to the amazing people and partners at LaunchPadINW. Bill, Allen, Mark, Jared, and Jennifer, (and the other office cronies Ed, Travis, Heather, Hara, Mark, Ash), I could not have accomplished any of this without your support and guidance. I look forward to our future as neighbors at the 1889 building.
The best part of the whole journey begins now. Now, I get to help each of you enjoy some great Washington State wine. I look forward to putting faces and real names to twitter handles. The next few months will be a reunion of “old friends” as you walk through the tasting room. We built this space to continue to grow the Spokane wine scene and to be a part of a business we love. Join us for our grand opening weekend for three days of fun and excitement.
We are open Thursday from Noon – 7pm, Friday and Saturday from Noon – 9pm (don’t forget The Final Sip wine party on Saturday from 9pm-10pm). Enjoy live music on Friday and Saturday night. Stop by to meet all of the five winery owners and wine makers (at various times). It is an absolute treat to hear from the passionate people behind the wine. Use our innovative iPad wine menu to learn, explore and even save the wines you enjoy. Relax in the modern space. Most importantly, but a bottle or two and enjoy life with friends, drink happy!
The participating wineries at Nectar Tasting Room are Anelare Winery – Kennewick, Hard Row to Hoe – Lake Chelan, Northwest Cellars – Kirkland, Skylite Cellars – Walla Walla, Terra Blanca Winery – Benton City.