Nectar Tasting Room is pleased to announce the selection of American Childhood Cancer Organization INW for their quarterly Cheers for Charity partnership. The ACCO offers a network of support for children with cancer and their families living in and travelling to the Inland NW for treatment.
The ACCOI, formerly Candlelighters Northwest, exists to educate, support, serve, and advocate for families of children with cancer, survivors of childhood cancer, and the professionals who care for them.
“September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and everyone is encouraged to join us in our wholehearted support to bring awareness to and raise funds for this great organization,” says owner Josh Wade. Nectar members and guests are encouraged to support the ACCOI in one of several ways:
August 27: 2nd Annual Childhood Cancer Awareness Walk; join us at Medical Lake Waterfront Park in Medical Lake, WA at 11AM. After the walk you can enjoy a FREE picnic, face painting for kids, and music from The Vagabonds Traveling Show. Bring your walk shirt back to Nectar and get 1/2 price entry to The Final Sip at 9pm (reg $10). Find out more here.
September 29-October 1: $1 from every bottle sold this weekend will be donated back to American Childhood Cancer Organization. Stop by and show your support. Stock up your cellar, buy wine for a friend, buy and support with every sip.
September 29: Join us for an ACCOI awareness night at Nectar where we will donate 10% of all proceeds PLUS $25 of every membership sold back to the cause. Please help spread the word and join us for this special night.
Cheers for Charity is a quarterly partnership with one select non-profit organization. “We’re excited to partner with these various organizations and provide what we can to make a difference in the world,” says Josh.
04 Aug 2011
The patio is open, the patio is open! After about 6 weeks of delays (mostly due to waiting for the fence), we’re finally excited to celebrate on the patio. With temperatures soaring close to 90 degrees, grab a bottle or two of Rose, bubbly, or Sauvignon Blanc and head out with friends to enjoy the weather and the wine. As the hot summer nights continue, don’t miss out on a single sip at Nectar Tasting Room.
Two Important Announcements:
Do you own a home based business (jewelry, candles, cosmetics, etc)? We have a deal for you. Contact us for an awesome opportunity for you to use our space for your next meeting.
Did you see our press release on the Quarterly Cheers for Charity? No? Check it out. We’re pleased to do our small part to give back. Nominations are open through August 12.
Have you seen and heard the incredible talent in Spokane? For one night each month, Spokane shines a little brighter in downtown. Nectar is a proud participant in the Downtown Partnership’s popular First Friday event.
- THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday continues with 1/2 price appetizer plates when you purchase a bottle of wine. Glass prices start at $5 too.
- FRIDAY – First Friday activities begin at about 6:00 with live music from Maxie Ray Mills and music from the very talented Bill Werle
- SATURDAY – Don’t miss out on the sale wines from Northwest Cellars and The Final Sip (from 9-10pm).
- THURSDAY – MonaVie healthy energy stops by to showcase their Acai berry products.
- FRIDAY – Karrie O’Neill graces us with her beautiful personality and voice 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – Tipsy Muse Painting With Spirits: Learn to paint this beautiful Tuscan Landscape while you sip. Bring a friend or two and make a day of this event. $55; register here
>> The return of the RESERVE FLIGHT – Enjoy five of our highest end wines for just $10 <<
- THURSDAY – Second annual Pinot Noir day. Join us online or at Nectar as we celebrate the world’s most expressive wine grape. Which region will win the battle
- FRIDAY – Acoustic variety from Joe Davis 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – We welcome Coeur d’Alene Olive Oil Company back for a vinegar and oil tasting from 1-4pm. Fingerstyle blues and flamenco guitar from Joe Caruso 6:30-9:30
The QUARTERLY SIP is almost here. Sign up for our quarterly wine club and get 20% off of 5 select wines, 4 complimentary wine tasting passes and 10% off of all other wines purchased. The QUARTERLY SIP is only $99per quarter. Trust me, you’ll love this quarter’s wine selections. The last of an iconic Nectar wine, a pre-release of a unique varietal, and a super award winning wine that is not stocked at Nectar. To sign up, stop by or email us at mailto:email@example.com?subject=Quarterly Sip Sign Up
- SATURDAY – Music from a Nectar favorite, Mike Dwyer; 6:30-9:30 and The Final Sip from 9:00-1000
03 Aug 2011
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more” ~ Tony Robbins
Nectar Tasting Room is pleased to announce a quarterly non-profit sponsorship, Cheers for Charity, to assist select charities in their fundraising efforts. “We’re happy to donate our space and our staffing costs,” says owner Josh Wade. “This allows the various causes to maximize their fundraising potential.” In addition to donating the space and staffing costs, Nectar will donate 10% of the total receipts for the evening.
Nectar Tasting Room has space to accommodate 30-99 people in various formats from dinner, formal presentations, and informal networking. The 110 year old building provides a beautiful blend of modern and traditional.
One non-profit will be selected from the submitted nominations each quarter. The first event will be held in September and nominations are open until August 12. Nominate your favorite charity by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a general synopsis of their work, a contact name, phone and email, and a potential fundraising goal.
“We’re excited to partner with these various organizations and provide what we can to make a difference in the world,” says Josh.
##### FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE #####
01 Jul 2011
FINALLY! As George Harrison wrote, Here Comes the Sun. With the weather forecast showing 80+ for several days in a row, it looks like summer is here to stay. As things heat up in the forecast, things are getting hot with Nectar events as well! Check out the event listing below to stay connected with all of our musical artists, our first ever private Wine and Dine dinner, the patio grand opening and the return of our popular reserve flight!
First Friday art walk returns with an amazing line up. I’m excited to welcome back the art that graced the space during the first month we were open AND the incredible music of the Kathleen Cavender duo. If you haven’t seen the Rock Star Reflections art showcase by internationally known artist Stacey Wells, then you are missing some of the most creative and edgy wine art around. Check out this interview with Stacey about how she got started!
- FRIDAY – Music by Kathleen Cavender Duo from 6:30-9:30. Get here early to get a seat
- SATURDAY – Be the first in Spokane to taste the newest wine from Skylite Cellars. The Soiree is a red blend of 54% Cabernet, and 23% each of Merlot and Syrah. At $19, this is a bold and flavorful red that will delight your palate.
- THURSDAY – Don’t forget about Thirsty Thursday where all appetizer plates are 1/2 price with the purchase of a bottle of wine. Bring in some friends and wind down your week at Nectar.
- FRIDAY – We welcome Bergs Shoes for a showcase of their new BORN adult shoe collection. Bergs has been serving Spokane for four generations and we are proud to partner with them on this promotion. Music from one of our favorites, Maxie Ray Mills begins at 6:30. In addition to these great events please help us welcome our July artist, Stacey Wells. Stacey’s busy schedule kept her from attending on First Friday, but she will be at Nectar for an artist’s reception from 6-10pm. Please spread the word and help us welcome this very talented artist to Spokane.
- SATURDAY – Help us christen our brand new outdoor patio. Enjoy the weather AND get 10% off all bottles purchased to enjoy on the patio.
- THURSDAY – We’ve got one of the coolest spaces in town to enjoy a meeting. Use our free wifi and treat you and your clients to a unique meeting of wine and class.
- FRIDAY – Mark Ward returns to the space with his unique style.
- SATURDAY – One of the Nectar favorites, Joe Davis shares his style of rock, blues, and classics. Join us for The Final Sip at 9pm.
- SUNDAY – We’re excited to present the very first ever Nectar Wine and Dine. This limited seating private dinner event pairs five wines with five courses for one fantastic evening with friends. Register here, space is limited.
While the boss is away, the wine slingers will play. Owner, Josh Wade is travelling to Charlottesville, VA for the 2011 Wine Bloggers Conference. Ben and crew have decided to go crazy by marking every wine down 15% whether you buy one bottle or an entire case. Ben also arranged 1 super steal of a deal on 1 wine from each of the Nectar wineries. You’ll have to stop by to find out about the madness!
- FRIDAY – Enjoy the smooth country voice of Garret Bartley from 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – Look out, Karrie O’Neill is in the space again. Karrie’s beautiful sound fills every corner of Nectar Tasting Room. Come early, grab your seat and some wine and be prepared to be amazed.
Are you ready to host your next event at Nectar? We’re available Sunday – Wednesday for private parties from 20-99 people. The cost is an affordable $100 per hour and you can arrange your own catering or use our preferred caterer.
Welcome the return of the RESERVE FLIGHT. Enjoy an additional tasting of 5 wines (including bubbles) for just $10 – not refundable with purchase.
- FRIDAY – Hot summer nights continue at Nectar with the amazing talent from Rachel Bade-McMurphy Jazz Trio. You’ll be impressed.
- SATURDAY – The Final Sip continues to be Spokane’s best weekly wine party. Stop by and taste up to 8 of any of our open bottles of wine from 9-10pm.
14 Jun 2011
We are today’s GROUPON! We hope you’ll participate in one or both of these great deals. Both will be available June 14 and 15 but hurry because The Final Sip coupon is limited to the first 250 people.
Groupon is a great way for customers to save money but it is also a fantastic way for businesses to engage new and existing customers. While some argue that that Groupon can be a huge burden for small businesses, I contend that done correctly and with the right intentions, small business can benefit greatly from the marketing and exposure. See the final paragraphs for my insights.
P.S. While you’re here you should LIKE US on FACEBOOK
Wine Tasting for Two $5 (reg $10)
Nectar Tasting Room is a winery just like any other in Spokane, we just happen to have 5 wineries and 44 wines on the menu for your imbibing pleasure. Every weekend you can come to Nectar and experience 5 different wines at the tasting bar. A tasting for TWO is normally $10 but for the Groupon lovers, enjoy at 50% off. Stop by and enjoy the wines from Anelare Winery (Kennewick), Hard Row To Hoe Vineyards (Lake Chelan), Northwest Cellars (Kirkland), Skylite Cellars (Walla Walla), and Terra Blanca (Benton City).
The Final Sip $5 (reg $10)
We think it is sad to see wine go down the drain. We think you do too. Help us save the grapes by stopping by for Spokane’s best weekly wine party. From 9-10 on Saturday night we put ALL our open bottles of wine on the bar (usually 20+) and customers can sample between 6-8 of the wines for only $10, for Groupon lovers only $5. This is a fun way to learn more about wine and explore wines from all price ranges $15-$50. Bring a friend or 10 and come by for The Final Sip wine party. It is kinda like a kill the keg party but with more class and grapes.
Five Tips for Thriving With Groupon
If you approach Groupon as a way to make money, you may quickly find out that making 25% or less on your goods or services can quickly eat into profit margins. Use Groupon as a way to market a service or product to a large demographic. Consider the cost of traditional advertising to a large base of people. Use money from your marketing budget and not cost of good.
2. Capture data
While Groupon frowns on collecting email or information as a requirement to redeem, there is nothing that says you can’t try to capture at least some basic information (name and email). Chances are most people will be willing to join your email list. They like your product enough to buy it, if you provide value and don’t over market through email, you may gain instant access to a very large email list. Groupon will provide you a list of names of people who purchased. Drop those names in an alphabetized spreadsheet and add a column for email. Print the list and when people come in you can validate by searching for their name and ask for the added info.
3. Added value sales
When people come visit your establishment are their other products or services that they will likely add to their bill (drinks, added service, more food)? Don’t give away the farm on the Groupon. Use the opportunity to entice people to visit and make sure you have attractive add ons while they are in your establishment.
4. Staffing and impressions
Plan your Groupon carefully. If you have limitations on staffing or schedule, make sure the Groupon includes restrictions on volume or a reservation system. You don’t want to be overwhelmed at your business or be in a situation where Groupon redeemers leave with a negative experience. Chances are you will be making a first impression to hundreds of potentially new customers.
5. Don’t overuse
Limit the amount of times you use deal based services like Groupon. Customers are getting used to getting deals and you don’t want to establish a pattern that undervalues your goods or services. Why would someone come in and pay $50 for dinner when they know that you frequently use deal sites that offer the same food for $25. A percentage of customers will be just ‘in it for the deal’ but your job is to win them over to why your business is worth returning too for the full price. Wow them with service and quality and follow up.