Nectar Tasting Room, at 120 N Stevens is changing business models in 2017 and becoming Nectar Catering and Events. For 6 years Nectar Tasting Room has operated as a cooperative of five Washington Wineries. Nectar, in the historic 1889 Building, has also become a popular destination for events, parties and gatherings. “We are re-positioning our approach to be more event driven,” says owner Josh Wade. “We currently have a high demand for private events and we are looking to expand that in the future.” Nectar will still maintain its focus on Washington wine but with new liquor licensing the business will now be able to feature any Northwest wine and will add craft beer on tap. “With the expansion of our event business we will be hosting more of our own events that have become very popular like comedy nights, wine maker dinners, Corks and Canvas painting classes and more,” says Wade. Nectar will maintain consistent operating hours for guests to enjoy the featured winery, wines and beer. Nectar Catering and Events will also begin weekday lunch service in the first quarter of 2017 and will be getting an interior face-lift with new furniture and equipment. Josh explains that, “Operationally, the move aligns us with our catering company, formerly Just a Couple of Moms Catering.” Josh is also the owner of Nectar Wine and Beer which has announced plans for expansion to the Perry District in the Spring of 2017.
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com or call 509.290.5182
What Does This Mean?
- Dissolving partnerships with the five current “Nectar” wineries
- Nectar Tasting Room name will cease in 2017
- New licensing to allow beer AND wine
- Focused efforts on event business and both onsite and offsite catering
- Focus efforts on providing increased exposure to more regional wine and beer selections
What is New for 2017?
- New Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (overall facelift and refresh)
- New website and branding
- 6 beer on tap (Northwest focus)
- Featured winery of the month and additional wines by the glass
- Weekday lunch service
- New wine club (tied to Nectar Wine and Beer)
- Expanded hosted events
Friends and fans of Nectar will see many self hosted events, some we have done before and some additional ones as well. The new website will have all the information on upcoming events and how you can participate. We look forward to a new direction and fantastic future.