Ready for a fun wine tasting time in Spokane? Looking to stock up on wine for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holiday adventures? The Spokane Winery Association’s 24th annual Holiday Wine Festival is November 22-24 from Noon-5pm. With 22 wineries participating at 17 tasting rooms, you can taste close to 100 wines during your three day adventure.
NEW this year is the newly opened tasting room shared by Emvy and Bridge Press at 39 W. Pacific and VduV at 12 S. Scott. Also, keep in mind that Townshend Cellar has recently moved their tasting room to a new location on Green Bluff.
We at Nectar are partial to Downtown. With 11 tasting rooms in the heart of downtown Spokane, you can taste award winning wine from Barrister, Cougar Crest, Skylite Cellars, Robert Karl and more.
TIPS FOR AN ENJOYABLE WEEKEND
Here are a few tips for enjoying your wine tasting weekend:
- Plan ahead. Download a Spokane Winery Association map and make sure you know where you’re headed
- Drink water. Hydrating is important. At most wineries you will taste the equivalent of one glass of wine (5 ounces). Water is your friends.
- Eat. Better yet, eat local. When out and about enjoy some of Spokane’s finest locally owned establishments like Sante, Mizuna, Steelhead Grill, Europa, Max at Mirabeau, and Ambrosia. Several restaurants participate in the “Spokane Corkage Free” program too.
- Bring cash for tasting fees. Nearly every Spokane winery charges a $5 tasting fee. Many are refundable with various bottle purchases.
- Designated driver. Please bring along a designated driver. Be safe.
We’ve learned that if you want a quieter experience, go on Sunday. The majority of the larger groups and crowds are out on Saturday.
At Nectar we will be featuring 6 wines at 3 tasting stations for $5. Members taste free and the tasting fee is waived with all 2 bottle (or more) purchases. All six wines were picked to pair perfectly with your upcoming holiday meals. Check out the great deals on bottles and four-packs.
2011 Terra Blanca Dry Riesling REG $18 | SALE $15 | 4 PACK $49
2012 Northwest Cellars Adagio REG $14 | SALE $12 | 4 PACK $39
2009 Hard Row to Hoe Tempranillo REG $28 | SALE $25 | 4 PACK $85
2009 Skylite Cellars Malbec REG $30 | SALE $25 | 4 PACK $85
2011 Anelare Nonna Viola REG $29 | SALE $25 | 4 PACK $85
2008 Terra Blanca Cabernet REG $25 | SALE $20 | 4 PACK $50