September 2012 Nectar Wine Events Spokane
Kids are back in school, the nights are getting cool, and you’re all returning from the lake and the pool. Grapes are beginning to be harvested and the 2012 vintage starts to become wine that you will soon consume. These are the signs that summer is ending but don’t be sad because we have a great line up of events and new wine coming your way to help ease you into fall and *gasp even winter! Thanks again for helping us through another successful month. August was a full 80% better this year than 2011.
- THURSDAY – It’s Thirsty Thursday Tango night once again. If you haven’t been down for our monthly Tango night, you are missing out on a lot of fun. We have glass specials for dancers and you can come watch, come learn and even get in on the action to dance. Open 2-9 (Tango from 7-9).
- FIRST FRIDAY – Once again we have quite the line up for First Friday. Join us as Mr. Bob from Northwest Cellars joins us for his final appearance of 2012. If you haven’t tasted with Bob, you’re missing out. He is bringing with him 5 – yep FIVE – new wines including the new Carmenere, Malbec, Merlot and Syrah. Also on deck for the night is the swinging jazz of Rachel Bade McMurphy and a VERY unique art presentation.
This exhibition is a romantic representation of the couture gowns designed and created by Kirsten Longly, as seen through the eyes of photographer Jennifer Harvey. The images represent the fearless joy of embracing your dreams. The gowns will be hitting the runway on September 27th at the Bing Crosby theater in a joint effort to raise funds for Teen Closet, a charity that speaks directly to Kirsten’s heart.
- SATURDAY – The fun continues with Northwest Cellars with 15% off bottles and 25% off mixed cased of NWC wines. If First Friday is a little busy for you, Saturday is the perfect pace to enjoy the new wine.
9/12 ALERT Nectar Tasting Room owner, Josh Wade turns the big FOUR OH!
- THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday continues for all the wine lovers out there. Get 1/2 price appetizer plates with the purchase of a bottle of wine (to stay or to go). Enjoy our free wi-fi for the last meeting of the day or just stop by with a group of friends.
- FRIDAY – We’re hosting a rehearsal dinner in the main space but The Barrel Room will be open all night for you to enjoy!
- SATURDAY – Enjoy the music of Joe Caruso from 6:30-9:30 and The Final Sip from 9-10pm
- WEDNESDAY – Join our Quarterly Cheers for Charity celebration with Teen Closet. Teen Closet’s mission is to help boost the self esteem of teenagers in foster care, by providing fashionable clothing and accessories of their choice. Directors Robyn Nance of KXLY, and Linda Rogers, president of the Foster Parent Association, saw a need to help children in the foster care system with the items that often go overlooked. The event is free (donations welcome); 6-8pm
- FRIDAY – After our Gonzaga MBA event we welcome back Janet Johnson. Back by popular demand, Janet plays great renditions of acoustic folk and some country and blues. 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – The RESERVE FLIGHT returns. Come taste 5 of our best wines (rarely available in the tasting flight). These wines range from $40-$60 each. Taste them all for $10.
Attention business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers and operations managers. Social media and online marketing tools are changing the way you interact with and engage customers. The Go Social conference brings in national speakers and local experts for a day of education, motivation and equipping you to succeed. Tickets can be found at the GoSocialINW site.
- THURSDAY – Fall is here. We will help you cope. How does a 1 day 25% off everything sale sound. We’re open 2-8, don’t miss out on your favorite wines at the lowest per bottle price we have all year long.
- FRIDAY – Closing on a Friday night for the first time ever. One lucky couple is getting married and they decided to rent the entire space for the night for their rehearsal dinner.
- SATURDAY – Open all day and into the night. We welcome for the first time, Rob Bryceson to the stage from 6:30-9:30. Rob plays a great blend of acoustic blues and classic rock hits…a perfect companion to a bottle or two of red wine.