A lion and a lamb. March was to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb. April showers are supposed to be in April. Well, instead, March was ferocious from beginning to end and we accumulated a record amount of rain for the month. For Nectar, March was an amazing month, in fact it was a record month and a whole 40% busier than March 2011. The first quarter has seen the expansion of our food menu and the addition of The Barrel Room. In the next few weeks you will see another major announcement that will complete our three major areas of focus for 2012.
March may have been full of mayhem but April will be EVENTful…meaning FULL of events. In fact, 14 events are on the books. Do you have an upcoming birthday party, graduation party, anniversary, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception or special occasion? VISIT HERE for info on how to book our beautiful space.
- WEDNESDAY – Join us for the kick off of our Case for a Cause month benefiting Epicurean Delight (Inland Northwest Blood Center). For the month of April Nectar will donate $40 for every case purchased (mix and match) to the INBC. The kickoff event features complimentary tasting and live music with Stephanie Hatzinikolis. 6-8pm.
- THURSDAY – Tango Thursday returns. Dancers of all skill levels are welcome from 6-10pm. Come watch, come learn, come tango. A selection of $5 glass pours available
- FIRST FRIDAY – For First Friday we have a Hiney alert as Skylight Cellars joins us for the weekend. They bring with them their popular Hiney Wine (Walla Walla Red Blend) at only $16 a bottle, $80 a six-pack and $120 a case. Enjoy music from Rachel Bade-McMurphy Jazz Trio and “A Journey of Spokane in High Dynamic Range” from photographer Kent Henderson. Open until 10pm.
- SATURDAY – Come by for a pre-Easter wine tasting and get 20% off each of the specially selected Easter wines. Happy Easter from all your friends at Nectar Tasting Room.
- FRIDAY – Music from Ron Criscione from 6:30-9:30
- Open Sunday 2-5pm
- THURSDAY – Join us for Thirsty Thursday where you get 1/2 price appetizer plates when you buy a bottle (to enjoy) from 5-8pm.
- FRIDAY – Nectar was voted #3 Wine Bar in town. Come find out why. Stop by after work for a relaxing glass of wine, appetizer plate and music from Michael J. Dwyer 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY – Do the Downtown Wine Walk with Arbor Crest, Cougar Crest, Nectar and Whitestone (only $10 to taste at all four). Music from Joe Caruso 6:30-9:30
- Open Sunday 2-5pm
- THURSDAY – Inland NW Baby turns 2 and you’re invited to their birthday party. Nectar will be hosting INW Baby. Find out more information on how you can participate and help this great non-profit here.
- FRIDAY – Ken Davis returns for a fun night of classic rock and new covers. Music starts at 6:30.
- SATURDAY – Wanna Van Gogh and Merlot? Join this great painting class at Nectar from 1-4pm. Price is $40 and includes a wine tasting, painting supplies and a guided painting class. RSVP HERE
- Join us for The Final Sip from 9-10pm. Spokane’s best wine party where you get to try up to 8 of any wine still open at Nectar. Don’t let us dump it down the drain. That would be grape abuse.
On the radar. Don’t forget about the Spokane Winery Association’s annual Spring Barrel Tasting Weekend, May 11-13. Taste winery new releases, get special deals and in some cases taste wine straight from the barrel.