March. Daylight savings time, St Patrick’s Day, Spring…I can almost feel the sunshine on my face as I anticipate the rebirth of the grass, trees, and flowers! If you’ve been following along, you know we’ve been BUSY at Nectar. In February we announced a new expanded food menu and partnerships with local restaurants. We also decided to lease the 1000 sq ft next to Nectar and use it for an extra event space, large event overflow and more. The Barrel Room should be done by April 1. Check out our EVENTS PAGE for all the details.
March 1 – 3
- THURSDAY: Tango at Nectar? YOU BET! Come get your dance on from 7-9pm with the Spokane Tango Club. Dancers of all skill levels are welcome. We’ll also have wine specials and appetizers available for purchase.
- FRIDAY: TGIFF (Thank God it’s First Friday) – Did you hear, Nectar was voted a First Friday Favorite. Come by and find out why. This month we’ve got the beautiful art of Christina Deubel and swinging jazz favorites from Rachel Bade-McMurphy Trio. Bob Delf from Northwest Cellars will be on hand slingin’ the juice (including a brand new wine).
- SATURDAY: If you’ve ever met Bob from NW Cellars, you know he likes to offer a deal when he comes. Drop by Saturday and taste through some of the new NW Cellars wines including the 08 Petit Verdot, 08 Carmenere, 08 Intrigue and a brand new blend, the 08 Cadenza (a blend of Cab, Merlot and Carmenere).
- THURSDAY: We are closed to host the All Saints fundraising auction.
- FRIDAY: Join us for the release of the Anelare Ottimista Chenin Blanc, Anelare’s first white wine. This wonderfully crisp white offers a touch of sweetness and is only $18. Music from Maxie Ray Mills from 6:30-9:30
- SATURDAY: Join us for wine tasting and a relaxing way to spend the afternoon. Make the walking tour from Nectar to Cougar Crest, Whitestone and Arbor Crest for added fun. We welcome for the first time the music of Janet Johnson from 6:30-9:30.
- MONDAY: Is The Bachelor your guilty pleasure? Join us at Nectar for the season finale. Winemaker Ben Flajnik has to choose…will he pop the question. RSVP HERE
- FRIDAY: Nectar will be pouring at The Wishing Star’s Taste Spokane event at Northern Quest Resort and Casino. Tickets are available here (if you’re not going, stop by Nectar).
- ST PATRICKS DAY: Get a front row view of Spokane’s St Patrick’s Day Parade with a reserved table at Nectar. Stay dry from the elements, have a guaranteed spot, enjoy a bottle of wine, and munch on an appetizer plate. Reserve the table of 4 (bottle of wine and appetizer included) for only $75. Email firstname.lastname@example.org – limited availability. Music by Brian McCann and Ron Kieper starts at 6:30
- WEDNESDAY: Inland Imaging hosts this free event open to the public. Premium NW wines, hors d’oeuvres. Informative presentation from Dr. Rod Raabe. Prize drawings. Complimentary screening for spider and varicose veins available. RSVP HERE or call 455.4455
- THURSDAY: Nectar Milonga Tango night returns. Enjoy wine and tango from 7-9pm. All skill levels welcome. Come to learn, come to dance, come to watch!
- FRIDAY: Nectar owner, Josh Wade makes his musical debut. After a three year absence from playing in public, Josh shares a fun set list that includes John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Eric Clapton, Matchbox 20, Lifehouse and more while you sip on wine from 5 Washington wineries; 6:30-9:00
- SATURDAY: Enjoy the music of Michael J. Dwyer from 6:30-9:30 and The Final Sip from 9-10pm.
- FRIDAY: Nectar moves the regular evening business to The Barrel Room while we host our first wedding reception in the main space. Come enjoy great wine as you wrap up the first week of Spring.
- SATURDAY: Another Tipsy Muse Painting Party. Get a group of friends together for a some wine and painting. Tipsy Muse guides you through the step by step process of creating a masterpiece…and memories. 1-4pm; $40 (includes a wine tasting) – Call 509.869.1572 or visit http://tipsymuse.com. The return of the reserve flight all day and music from Ron Criscione from 6:30-9:30
Join us on April 6 for First Friday with Skylite Cellars and their HINEY WINE. Music from the Rachel Bade-McMurphy Jazz Trio. Artist still to be determined.
Planning ahead? Mark your calendar for May 11-13 and Spring Barrel Tasting Weekend.