Welcome to winter. While we got a good dose of snow before Thanksgiving, so far our early winter has been marked by sunshine. Hard to believe that November is gone, Thanksgiving has passed, Christmas is right around the corner, and 2011 is nearly in the history books. How can this be? Well, after planning the December calendar, it’s obvious. We’re freakin’ busy. Check out all the rad (yes I said rad and I’m assuming you are old enough to laugh about it) stuff happening at Nectar. We know you have holiday plans and those plans require wine. Look for specials in our weekly email all month long! We also have some custom labeled “Happy Holidays” wine from Northwest Cellars and Christmas 3 pack gift boxes from Skylite Cellars.
- Thursday – Enjoy 1/2 price appetizers with the purchase of a bottle. FINAL day of some of our sale wines as well (Nonna Viola, Skylite Merlot, NWC Madrigal).
- First Friday – We welcome the colorful and abstract art from the talented Brendan Genther. See all of Brendan’s art here. Artist reception starts at 5:00pm and music from Karrie O’Neill goes from 6:30 – 9:30. Call to reserve a table 509.869.1572
- Saturday – We welcome back the owners of Anelare Winery from 2-7pm. Kahryn and Forrest are bringing some wooden wine gift boxes and will be offering some specials on their wine. Give the gift of Anelare this Christmas!
Want to paint a masterpiece? Join Van Gogh & Merlot from 1-4pm for a guided art class. The price is $40 and includes materials, wine tasting and a special on wine bottles purchased to go. RSVP here. The painting is the image to the right.
Events, Events and more Events
We’ve got private and public events booked out for most of December. If you’re still looking for a place to have your family, office or client holiday party, contact us ASAP 509.869.1572
- December 6 5-7pm: Inland Imaging Vines and Veins – Premium NW wines, hors d’oeuvres. Informative presentation from Dr. Rod Raabe. Gift item for all who RSVP in advance. Prize drawings. Complimentary screening for spider and varicose veins available. FREE
- December 7 6-9pm; Season of Wishes and Wine – Join our quarterly non-profit partner for a magical night of wishes and wine. With the $25 ticket price you will enjoy a night of wine tasting, light appetizers, silent auction, and a souvenir wine glass. The event is nearly sold out so don’t delay.
THURSDAY – As always wind down your week with Thirsty Thursday; 1/2 price appetizer plates with a bottle purchase.
FRIDAY – Musical masterpieces by Maxie Ray Mills from 6:30-9:30; STOP by all day for an Anelare Cabernet Vertical. Taste five years of Anelare Cabernet for $15 – 2 ounce pours of each. Get 30% off on all vintages before 2009.
SATURDAY – THE Seattle Wine Gal is stopping by Nectar for a visit. To celebrate, we’re popping bubbles. Enjoy all three sparkling wines with the popular social media queen. SWG is an online and offline personality in the wine and social media world. If you have questions about social media marketing, you won’t want to miss this visit. SWG will be at Nectar from 4pm until the bubbles run dry. See her bio here. The Final Sip at 9:00.
MONDAY – Get all geeky with a #vinogeek tweetup. Think twitter is weird, think again. Join 20-40 of the coolest people in Spokane for a fun night of wine and geeky mayhem. Enjoy $5 glasses of wine 20% off bottle purchases ‘to go’ light appetizer plates, cupcakes from Sweet & Stout and sweet treats from Savor Sweets. Don’t forget about the ‘festive sweater’ contest. Winner will get a free bottle of wine! RSVP HERE.
THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday rocks. Come find out why
FRIDAY – Time for the RESERVE FLIGHT to make an appearance again. Taste 5 of our BEST wines for only $10 (members $5). All these bottles are very special and are rarely open. MUSIC, Michael Jay Dwyer 6:30-9:30
SATURDAY – One of the last chances to get your Christmas wine. Stop by for up to 50% off on select wines from Terra Blanca and 35% off Pinot Noir and Primitivo by the case from Hard Row. Need Chardonnay? Try Northwest Cellars at only $12 per bottle. MUSIC – We welcome Ron Criscione for the very first time 6:30-9:30; The Final Sip, 9:00
THURSDAY – Inlaws invading? Escape with wine.
Stop by Friday and Saturday for the final weekend of sales including specials on the bubbles for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
New Year’s Eve at Nectar
Join us for an evening of dining, ‘wine’ing and music as you ring in 2012 with a small group of friends at Nectar. $75 gets you and a guest a buffet style dinner, bottle of wine (up to $30), sparkling wine toast, and music from Kathleen Cavender. Get all the details and buy your tickets now. VERY LIMITED.