Nectar Spokane Wine Events May 2011
After one of the coolest (and by cool, I don’t mean “cool”) springs on record we are bursting at the wine skins for some consistent good weather and wine tasting season. Spokane wine tasting is an exciting activity with 24 Washington wineries in 18 locations across the city. At Nectar we just came out of our busiest month since we opened. With some big May events and private parties scheduled weekly, we hope you are as excited as we are.
DID YOU KNOW?
We now have 2 wine clubs.
A) Club Nectar – This is our annual membership club where members get savings on wine all year long, complimentary tasting bar and ½ price admission to The Final Sip. Wine lovers have realized that it doesn’t take long to recoup the small $75 investment.
B) The Quarterly Sip – Five wines (one from each winery) at our best discount of 20% off just for you every quarter. The cost, only $99. The wine will be current faves, new releases, and exclusive offerings. Learn more and sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – The first pick up party will be June 2, so don’t delay.
Get ready for one of the biggest wine weekends in our short Nectar history. Spokane kicks off wine tasting season with the 25th annual Spring Barrel Tasting Weekend and we are stoked to participate.
- THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday comes back with a vengeance. Check in on Facebook places or Foursquare and get ½ price wine (selection limited) AND buy any bottle of wine and get your appetizer plate ½ price! I’m getting thirsty just thinking about it.
- FRIDAY – Welcome to First Friday at Nectar! We are happy to showcase the work of popular artist Mark Anthony for the entire month of May. Darin Hilderbrand will be providing the musical vibrations and our wine slingers will be providing the vino libations. Come early, the place will be packed!
- SATURDAY – Open 11am – 5pm with five tasting stations featuring never before tasting wines, current favorites and some steep discounts. We’re also excited to be selling aNeMonE paper flowers. These are the perfect gift for Mother’s day and they are amazingly beautiful.
- Music from The Vagabonds Traveling Show 6:30-9:30
- SUNDAY – Open 11am – 5pm for more Spring Barrel Tasting fun. Celebrate with mom and enjoy a day of wine all across Spokane.
- THURSDAY – Thirsty Thursday = ½ price appetizer plates with the purchase of a bottle of wine.
- FRIDAY – Featuring blind wine challenge. For only $10 ($5 for members) we’ll be sampling 8 wines (four pairs of the same varietal). The trick, they’ll be in a paper bag and you won’t know which is which. Find your favorite, guess the grape and test your taste buds.
- Music from Michael Dwyer from 6:30 – 9:30 (a Nectar favorite)
- SATURDAY – Painting with Spirits returns! Create your own masterpiece under the guidance of local artist Rebecca Ebert. Your admission price includes a glass of wine, appetizers and a guaranteed great time. REGISTER HERE. The blind wine challenge continues. Enjoy music from Colleen Rice and The Final Sip wine party from 9:00 – 10:00pm.
- SUNDAY – Was going to open but scheduled 2 private events for the day. Let us know if you’d like to host your next party at the beautiful Nectar Tasting Room.
May 19 – 22
- THURSDAY – Did you know Nectar is a great place to meet a client for that afternoon meeting? We’ve got free wi-fi, amazing meat and cheese plates, and wines that range in price from $14 – $52 (for that special client you need to impress).
- FRIDAY – Enjoy the Jazz Duo of Ron Kieper and Brian McCann. The smooth sound of saxophone and upright bass make every sip super. 6:30-9:00
- SATURDAY – Wine tasting is fun. Re-visit some of your favorites as we showcase the best selling wines at Nectar over the last 5 months. The Lilac Parade goes right in front of Nectar. For one night, we’ll be selling our reserve seating tables with a view of the parade route. Six tables are available for $69.95 and include a bottle of wine (up to $30) and a large appetizer plate. Have a front row view AND a place to enjoy the evening with friends.
- SUNDAY – Open 12-5.
- THURSDAY – This is your last weekend to catch the photography of Mark Anthony. This will be a pretty special Thirsty Thursday as we celebrate the 2nd international Chardonnay day. Join thousands of people worldwide (online and at events) as we celebrate Chardonnay. At Nectar you can enjoy 1/2 price Chardonnay or buy a bottle and get 1/2 of your appetizer plate. Learn more and even host your own party! http://chardday-estw.eventbrite.com/
- FRIDAY – Don’t miss the first shipment of The Quarterly Sip wine club. The pickup party is June 2 and you MUST be signed up by Saturday to be guaranteed a delivery. Music by Just JoeKen from 6:30 – 9:30.
- SATURDAY – The Reserve Tasting Flight returns. Don’t miss the opportunity to taste through some of our high end wines. The flight of 5 is $10 (sorry no member perk) and is not refundable with a purchase. These wines range in price from $30 – $50. Hot off the heels of her new CD release, enjoy music from Karrie O’Neill.
- SUNDAY – Get your wine for the Memorial Day barbeque. Stop by for 15% off a special 6 pack.
On the horizon…
We usher in the sunshine of summer with our first annual “white” sale as well as First Friday. June also will feature a special Spokane Symphony promotion and several fundraising events to support the community.