Nectar Spokane Wine Events March 2011
Wine. Social lubricant, relaxing release, medical miracle, challenging conundrum. Wine is a mysterious beverage that we seek to understand, love to analyze, and drive to discover. But, isn’t it just rotten grapes! I love watching people discover new flavors they love and uncover the subtle nuances of a carefully crafted creation. Nectar Tasting Room gives you the opportunity to explore 35+ wines from 5 wineries in one location. Located in Downtown Spokane at 120 N. Stevens (across from Sante Restaurant, Sushi.com and Aunties Book Store) Nectar is here for you to explore Washington wine.
March is Washington Wine Month. Come down to Nectar and experience some of the best that Washington wine has to offer.
(Yes, I realize this is in the past, but want to create an archive of events at Nectar)
- Thursday – Check in on Foursquare or Facebook places and save $1 off any glass of wine!
- Friday – Welcome to First Friday at Nectar. This month’s featured artist is Todd Sackmann. His photography provides a unique perspective on Spokane landmarks. Stop by for music from Just JoeKen. Their blend of acoustic blues, rock, classic rock and modern hits make them a Nectar favorite.
- Join Don Phelps from Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards as he samples two new wines and has come very unique giveaways.
- Saturday – Join Don Phelps again to taste your choice of 5 of the 8 wines at Nectar. The two new wines, 2007 Cabernet Franc and the unique 2007 Iron Bed Red Blend will amaze you. Music from the incomparable Maxie Ray Mills completes the evening
March 10- 12
- Thursday – SIN (Service Industry Night). If you work in the service industry (restaurant, hotel, bar, etc), stop by for 20% off of glasses and 10% off of all bottles.
- Friday – Music by one of my favorite local artists, Darin Hilderbrand. Darin provides the back drop to a visit from the energetic Cheryl Hodgins from Skylite Cellars. Cheryl comes to Spokane to celebrate the release of their 2008 Malbec. This smooth wine is full of blueberry flavor and a hint of earth and cigar box.
- Saturday – Join Skylite Cellars as we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. The local parade route goes right in front of Nectar and YOU can reserve your own private table with a view for only $69.95. Your table for four includes a bottle of wine (up to $30) and a special Irish meat and cheese appetizer plate. The parade starts at Noon. Call 509.869.1572 to secure your spot (limited to just 6 tables). Music in the evening from Karrie O’Neil.
March 17 – 19
- Thursday – Always a fun way to relax. We’re open from 2-9pm. Come by for a glass of wine. We have free wifi (for your work meetings) and meat & cheese appetizer plates to curb your appetite before dinner.
- Friday – Soulful and sweet sounds from Olivia Kintzele. Olivia’s voice is mystifying and unique. You’ve got to hear her.
- Saturday – Come enjoy Coeur d’Alene Olive Oil Company and wine at Nectar Tasting Room from Noon – 5pm. CDAOO has some amazing flavor infused olive oils that will have your taste buds begging you for more. Stay the evening for music with Colleen Rice. Don’t forget “The Final Sip” from 9-10pm – Spokane’s favorite wine party.
March 24 – 26
- Thursday – Check in on Foursquare or Facebook places and save $1 off any glass of wine.
- Friday – Your last chance to see the photography of Todd Sackmann. Music by Fawnell Gresham. Fawnell’s original acoustic folk is a mellow way to end the month.
- Saturday – New wine tasting: Taste the four new wines introduced at Nectar over the last month for only $5. Enjoy music from one of our Nectar regulars, Michael Dwyer and stay for The Final SIP. Buy a bottle during the final sip and get your FEE WAVED (one night only).
On The Radar
April is Jazz Awareness Month (J.A.M.) and Nectar is a proud supporter! Join us each Friday night for amazing local jazz music.
April brings you by the amazingly talented art from Cecile Charles. Cecile has worked on some brand new pieces just to show at Nectar. You’ll be glad you came by.