Spokane wineries are receiving high praise in the national press of late. International wine critic Robert Parker spoke highly of Arbor Crest in a recent publication. Caterina Winery was featured in Wine Enthusiast’s Best Buy list. Townshend Cellars will be in an upcoming issue of Sunset Magazine. Robert Karl and Barrister were recognized as 4 star wineries by Paul Gregutt. The list goes on. Have you experienced the 18 wineries that dot the Spokane wine landscape?
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
Crush Rush 2010: The Spokane Winery Association invites you to join the CRUSH RUSH. Join the fun with a wine scavenger hunt across all 17 Spokane association wineries. The hunt continues through October 17. Details available at Spokane Wine Magazine; download the map and scavenger hunt list >> http://bit.ly/clIAGB
Friday, October 8
Whitestone Winery – Live music and food from 6 to 9 pm, featuring the music of Michael Dwyer and a selection of appetizers from Williams Seafood; 111 S. Cedar – Stay tuned for the release of “Scared to Pieces” the new Halloween inspired blend of Cab, Cab Franc and Merlot
Riverpark Square Arbor Crest – Join Spokane favorite, Dan Conrad as he plays a wide variety of modern mainstream, soul and classic rock covers, as well as some originals. Stop in and listen to this incredible local musician from 6:00 to 9:00pm.
BeGin at the MAC – Enjoy BeGin at the Mac with Buffalo Death Beam, Golden Hills Brewery, Townshend Wine, Victor’s Hummus, and open galleries! This is your last chance to see Harold Balazs at BeGin! 6pm
Wine Styles – TGIF Wine tasting, 2 Acre Wine Company is pouring some splendid wines for everyone on Friday! Stop by for the tasting! 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Rocket Market – Casual environment in which to taste some classic German Oktoberfest beers and a few of the current American-made versions. Relax, drink beer, and snack on some Germanic style beer food! 7pm. 343.2253; $16 726 E 43rd Ave. $16
Vino Wine Shop: Nicolas Cole Cellars along with Lullaby Winery – a double header for Friday’s tasting. 2:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music starting at 8pm, no cover –60 wines by the glass and a wonderfully eclectic atmosphere – 108 N Washington.
2nd Friday Art Walk in CDA – Every second Friday, from April – December, stroll through downtown Coeur d’Alene and visit participating art galleries, shops, and restaurants with your friends and family. This is a family-friendly, free event! Come and join us from 5 to 8 pm.
Saturday, October 9
Huckleberry’s Wine Tasting – In the Bistro with Steve Busby from Caterina Winery. Awardwinning reds and whites! $5 per flight of 5 wines; 2-4pm; 926 S. Monroe
Oktoberfest at WineStyles – Bratwurst, German Sausage, Pretzels and Cheese with all the mustard and Saurkraut you could dream of! There is a plethora of German beers to wash it all down! Celebrate the German way in style- extra points for those who come in Leiderhosen. 12-7pm; 8801 N. Indian Trail Rd.
Bottles on Argonne – Mike Scott from Vinum Wine Importing will be pouring samples and providing a history of Rhone wines. Rhone wines originated in France and today many winemakers from around the world enjoy producing Rhone varietal wines. Perhaps you have sampled Rhone wines before and are a big fan or perhaps this will be your first experience with Rhones; 2-5PM; 3319 N Argonne
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 4-7pm: Wine maker Matthew Loso (Matthew Cellars) creates “magic in a bottle” for this new winery! 726 E. 43rd Ave
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music. While you’re there ask Jen or Lauren to make you a special wine flight. They’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington
Vino 15th Anniversary Sale – EVERYTHING will be on sale Saturday – minimum 10% discount with savings up to 25%. Enjoy tastings, raffles and prizes. Celebrate 15 incredible years and THANK you for supporting Vino!
Sunday, October 10
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome, Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Knipprath and Caterina are open.
- Arbor Crest and Chocolate Apothecary (October 14)– At the Cliff House enjoy pairing wine with the amazing chocolates of Chocolate Apothecary. This event is a private tasting so reservations are required. Reserve a place, please call 509-927-9463. $24 per person
- Paul Gregutt at Arbor Crest (October 17) - Seattle Times Wine Adviser, Paul Gregutt, will be visiting the Cliff House on Sunday, October 17th to sign his new book, Washington Wines & Wineries, Second Edition. 1-5pm
- Townshend Cellar at Sante Restaurant (October 24) – Nine courses guaranteed to push the envelope on food as you know it. RSVP to Anthony at Santé – Make your reservation by 10/10 and receive $30 off the dinner! 315.4613; $120; 5:30pm
- Epicurean Delight (November 12) – One of the signature events of the year. More than 1000 people enjoyed last years event to benefit the Inland Northwest Blood Center. Enjoy fine dining, wine and microbrews at the Spokane Convention Center < Nectar Wine Blog is a proud sponsor
- Cork & Keg (November 13) – Mirabeau Park Hotel; $45 http://www.spokanecorkandkeg.com/
- Save the date for Spokane Winery Association Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)