Spokane Weekend Wine Events Sept 17-19
Does life ever feel like such a whirlwind that you are just caught up in the swirl moving in circles from activity to activity? You need to step out of the storm and relax! Grab some friends and go wine tasting. Your friends can help you decompress and the wine is a liquid elixir for the soul. Enjoy and drink happy!
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
Friday, September 17
Live Music at Whitestone Winery: Enjoy the acoustic R&B, blues style of Mike Dwyer as you sip on some Lake Roosevelt Red or Cabernet Franc; 6-9pm; 111 S. Cedar
Wine Styles – TGIF Wine tasting, 4-5 different red and white wines, LIVE MUSIC and lots of fun! 6pm. $10 / $7.50 for Club Members 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Rocket Market – Tuscany…ahhh, need we say more! 343.2253; $19 726 E 43rd Ave.
Vino Wine Shop: Classic wines of California 3:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover –60 wines by the glass and a wonderfully eclectic atmosphere – 108 N Washington.
Liberty Lake Wine Cellars is Closed Today
CRUSH Party at Nodland: A unique opportunity to see the winemaking process in action. Nodland is receiving their Seven Hills Merlot. Come taste the fresh grapes and sample some of the current releases! 12-4pm. (509) 927-7770. Nodlandcellars.com; 11616 E Montgomery
Vino Wine: September Sale Wines Part 2 2-4:30; 222 S. Washington
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 4-7pm: Join Spokane’s own Greg Lipsker from Barrister winery as he shares some BIG new release! 726 E. 43rd Ave
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm w/ Jerin Falkner– With a smoky voice and slow-burning piano melodies that have garnered national attention, former Spokie Jerin Falkner’s sound is as rich as her lyrics are compelling. 726 E. 43rd Ave
Huckleberry’s Bistro: Live music and pasta with Wide River, 7pm; 926 S. Monroe
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music. While you’re there ask Jen or Lauren to make you a special wine flight. They’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington
Sunday, September 19
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome, Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Knipprath and Caterina are open.
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Grab a picnic dinner and make your way to one of the last Sunday concerts at Arbor Crest. Common Ground will play adult contemporary and pop hits from 90’s and today – from 5:00 till dusk.
Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino –5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- Cathedral Wine Festival – Enjoy hors d’oeuvres while tasting over 30 wines from Europe and the Western United States. September 24, 7-10 PM Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, 1115 W. Riverside Ave. $50, $35 65 and older. (509) 358-4290.
- Liberty Lake Heritage Release – September 25 from Noon – 5pm: This luscious blend of 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2007 Syrah was hand-crafted from the best barrel of each wine. With plenty of dark fruit and a hint of spice, this is the perfect wine for fall. Joins them for wine tasting, appetizers and conversation with the winemaker, as they celebrate the release of Heritage. $5.00 tasting fee/refunded with purchase.
- Valley Fest: A celebration in the valley that includes a parade, entertainment, wine/beer garden, a fun run, classic car show and “Taste of the Valley” on Saturday night! – September 24-26 < DrinkNectar is a proud sponsor.
- Riedel Glassware Comparative Demonstration – Open to the public, you’ll be led by family & company representative Maximilian Riedel through a comparative tasting, PLUS you’ll take home 4 “Vinum XL” glasses valued at $122.00. The event is a sit down style tasting which compares Riedel glassware to more conventional restaurant wine glasses lasting approximately 1 ½ hours. – Call Vino! – 838-1229; $65 at the Spokane Club
- Latah Creeks Annual Oktoberfest – October 1-3 from 8AM- 5PM with wine specials, events, and more. Always a fun time. Mike and Ellena put on a fantastic shindig.
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100 < DrinkNectar is a proud sponsor.
- Cork & Keg (Nov 13) – Mirabeau Park Hotel; $45 http://www.spokanecorkandkeg.com/
- Save the date for Spokane Winery Association Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)
My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- MONDAY: Designer Jeans Party at WineStyles; 6-8pm 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- TUESDAY: Live music at the Rocket Market 726 E 43rd Ave. This week enjoy Mon Cheri at 7pm
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot
- THURSDAY: Huckleberry’s on Monroe – Class on Spanish and Portuguese wines. $20; 7-9pm