So it seems that 2010 will go down as the summer that never was here in the Inland Northwest. With Labor Day and back to school, we have entered the unofficial start of fall. With temps in the 60’s and low 70’s there is definitely a chill in the air. Oh well, we can’t change the weather, so why whine about it…how about we wine about it!
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
Time is limited to enjoy the magnificent views at Liberty Lake Wine Cellars. Doug and Shelly are open on select Saturday’s throughout the year and are excited to announce they will be open on September 11 and September 25. On 9/25 they are releasing their first ever Reserve Red Wine, Heritage. This luscious blend of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon was hand-crafted from the best barrels of each wine. With plenty of dark fruit flavors and a hint of spice, this is the perfect wine for fall!
Friday, September 10
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho Second Friday Art Walk – From 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. galleries host opening receptions with the opportunity to meet the artists, listen to live music and see newly arrived works of art. Participating downtown businesses and restaurants are open extended hours and 2-hour parking is always free!
BeGin! At the MAC – The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture starting at 6 PM. Come enjoy Live music, no-host bar, and snacks!Start your weekend at the MAC. Music by Troubadour, Townshend wine, Golden Hills Brewery, Victor’s Hummus, and open galleries! +21
Wine Styles – Be sure to check out our new selections! Bring your friends and come early to save a table on our beautiful patio! If you buy a 6 for $60 case of wine, we will cover your tasting! LIVE MUSIC! 6pm. $10 / $7.50 for Club Members 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Rocket Market – No public tasting because someone booked every seat…hmmm…how do I get on that guest list. Call Matt if you want your own private party! 343.2253; $15 726 E 43rd Ave.
Vino Wine Shop: Tempus Cellars of Walla Walla 3:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover –60 wines by the glass and a wonderfully eclectic atmosphere – 108 N Washington.
Saturday, September 11
Never forget the events of 9/11/2001
Vino Wine: September Sale Wines Part 1 2-4:30; 222 S. Washington
Bottles Saturday Sip – Drop by any time from 2:00 – 5:00pm and enjoy a wildly aromatic Chardonnay from Australia, along with a big, dark and brooding Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon blend (and more) 3319 N Argonne Rd
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 4-7pm: Join Spokane’s own local wine making celebrity, Mike Scott (formerly of Lone Canary and Caterina Winery) as he shares “American Value Wines” 726 E. 43rd Ave
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm w/ Mark Ward – Whether playing solo or backed by a band, Mark bends subtle emotional pull into artfully arranged songs, emphasizing his own folky lyrical style. 726 E. 43rd Ave
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music. While you’re there ask Jen or Lauren to make you a special wine flight. They’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington
Sunday, September 12
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome, Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Knipprath and Caterina are open.
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – You’ll want to show up early for this one as Arbor Crest welcomes the incredibly popular Meet Revolver, the Beatles tribute band. These mop top guys will have you dancing and boppin’ from 5:00 till dusk.
Kiwanis Club of Liberty Lake –Zephyr Lodge from 3-6pm. Tickets are only $25 and include music, appetizers and wine. Come support a great cause!
My Birthday – Pop a cork and celebrate DrinkNectar’s (aka Josh Wade) birthday!
- Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino – September 19; 5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- Cathedral Wine Festival – Enjoy hors d’oeuvres while tasting over 30 wines from Europe and the Western United States. September 24, 7-10 PM Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, 1115 W. Riverside Ave. $50, $35 65 and older. (509) 358-4290.
- Valley Fest: A celebration in the valley that includes a parade, entertainment, wine/beer garden, a fun run, classic car show and “Taste of the Valley” on Saturday night! – September 24-26 < DrinkNectar is a proud sponsor.
- Riedel Glassware Comparative Demonstration – Open to the public, you’ll be led by family & company representative Maximilian Riedel through a comparative tasting, PLUS you’ll take home 4 “Vinum XL” glasses valued at $122.00. The event is a sit down style tasting which compares Riedel glassware to more conventional restaurant wine glasses lasting approximately 1 ½ hours. – Call Vino! – 838-1229; $65 at the Spokane Club
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100 < DrinkNectar is a proud sponsor.
- Cork & Keg (Nov 13) – Mirabeau Park Hotel; $45 http://www.spokanecorkandkeg.com/
- Save the date for Spokane Winery Association Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)
My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- MONDAY: Wine tasting at Vino with Kermit Lynch Importers; 10 wines from small French wineries. Space is limited; $15 call ahead 838-1229; 5:30pm
- MONDAY: Always Mimosa Monday at Wine Styles 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- TUESDAY: Live music at the Rocket Market 726 E 43rd Ave. This week enjoy Marshall McLean at 7pm
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot