Spokane Weekend Wine Events Aug 20-22
What are you doing this weekend? Chores? Yardwork? STOP – Treat yourself to some amazing wine. Spokane has you covered. Enjoy a big red T3 from Townshend, some hardy lasagna and Barbera from Trezzi or even a refreshing Pinot Gris from Latah Creek! Don’t miss one of Spokane’s signature events, Art and Glass Fest at Arbor Crest Winery too. Details are below. The yard work will still be there tomorrow. Drink Happy!
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
Art and Glass Fest at Arbor Crest Winery
This premier event in one of Spokane’s most beautiful settings features 53 local artists and live music. The event is Saturday and Sunday from 11AM – 7PM with music on Saturday from Sidetrack (1-6pm) and on Sunday from 1-4PM and 5:30 to dusk with Singlewide.
Friday, August 20
Wine Styles – Come be introduced to a local business that is pursuing their dream…chocolate. They will be at WineStyles at 6pm. $15 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Rocket Market – A Swanky Wine Cocktail party Sangria, mimosas, belinis and more. Join us as we learn to make twists on these classic recipes. Amanda will amaze us with her tasty white port cocktail recipes. It will be a night to remember! $16 7pm 343.2253; $15 726 E 43rd Ave.
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Spokane’s own Barili Cellars 3:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover – This week, enjoy music from Maxi Mills. Left Bank is located at 108 N Washington.
Saturday, August 21
Liberty Lake Wine Cellars is not open this weekend
Vino Wine: August Wine of the Month Club Celebrations 2-4:30; 222 S. Washington
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 4-7pm: Yakima hot shots, Gilbert Cellars (of which I just recently visited). High quality estate vineyard wines. Try the Allobroges. Joining Gilbert will be Spokane’s own Pixie Dust Chocolates…double yum. 726 E. 43rd Ave
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm – SIDHE European-American fingerstyle guitar and lush vocals at the edge of the songwriting tradition: that’s the music of sidhe. With honesty and an easy, unstuffy virtuosity, Michael and Keleren Millham merge the worlds of pop, classical, folk and world music into a passionate, yet accessible, blend of sophisticated soundscapes and ethereal melodies.726 E. 43rd Ave
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music with Fly Right. While you’re there ask Jen to make you a special wine flight. She’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington – Say congrats to Jen, she just got married a few weeks back!
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Music with Abe Kenny at 7pm 926 S. Monroe
Sunday, August 22
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome, Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Knipprath and Caterina are open.
Arbor Crest Art and Glass fest continues with music from Singlewide from 1-4 and 5:30 to dusk…bring a picnic and enjoy!
- Ghetto Gourmand – August 27; The underground food scene gets hot with Hot Summer Nights featuring Sante Chef / Owner Jeremy Hansen. Don’t miss this fun and unique food experience. $125 each
- The Wine Soiree - September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band
- Kiwanis Club of Liberty Lake – September 12 at Zephyr Lodge from 3-6pm. Tickets are only $25 and include music, appetizers and wine. Come support a great cause!
- Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino – September 19; 5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- Cathedral Wine Festival – Enjoy hors d’oeuvres while tasting over 30 wines from Europe and the Western United States. September 24, 7-10 PM Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, 1115 W. Riverside Ave. $50, $35 65 and older. (509) 358-4290.
- Valley Fest: A celebration in the valley that includes a parade, entertainment, wine/beer garden, a fun run, classic car show and “Taste of the Valley” on Saturday night! – September 24-26 < DrinkNectar is a proud sponsor.
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100 < DrinkNectar is a proud sponsor.
- Spokane Wine Magazine Launch Party 10/29 TBD
- Save the date for Cork & Keg (Nov 13)
- Save the date for Spokane Winery Association Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)
My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- MONDAY: Always Mimosa Monday at Wine Styles 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- TUESDAY: Live music at the Rocket Market 726 E 43rd Ave. This week enjoy Laddie Ray Melvin at 7pm
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot
- THURSDAY: Arbor Crest free music Thursday. No cover charge, enjoy wine and music every Thursday with one of Spokane’s best views. 5:30-7:30 at the Cliff House.
- THURSDAY: 8/26 at Huckleberry’s Market Presented by Jen Leyden of Dreyfuss-Ashby Imports. New releases of red and white burgundies. $20 per person, purchase tickets at courtesy booth. Limited seating. 7PM