While the wine scene continues to heat up in Spokane and several great events are happening in the next few weeks, I strongly encourage you to scroll down to the “wine radar” section. Signature events from the Spokane Symphony, Valley Fest, March of Dimes, Spokane Winery Association and more are happening September – November. Get out your calendar or smart phone and put these dates on your radar. Stay tuned because DrinkNectar has arranged prize and ticket giveaways with most of them.
My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- MONDAY: Always Mimosa Monday at Wine Styles 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- TUESDAY: Live music at the Rocket Market 726 E 43rd Ave. This week enjoy Ron Green at 7pm
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot
- THURSDAY: Arbor Crest free music Thursday. No cover charge, enjoy wine and music every Thursday with one of Spokane’s best views. 5:30-7:30 at the Cliff House. This week (8/19) artist Wayne Girten Metal Art and music by Ravinwolf
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight winery is Whitestone Winery. Whitestone is Spokane’s only estate winery. Winemaker Michael Haig makes wine from the estate property off Lake Roosevelt near Wilbur, WA. You may be familiar with their Pieces of Red but have you tasted their fantastic Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. Don’t forget the newly released Meritage Blend with only a few cases remaining. Whitestone is open Thursday – Saturday from Noon-6pm.
Friday, August 13
Second Friday Art Walk in Coeur d’Alene From 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. galleries host opening receptions with the opportunity to meet the artists, listen to live music and see newly arrived works of art. Tons of activity on the streets of CDA.
BeGIN! at the MAC – 6pm with Reggae, two new exhibits and old friends. Head to the Museum of Arts and Culture for this fun monthly event!
Wine Styles – Wine Tasting Friday Be sure to check out the new selections! Bring your friends and come early to save a table on our beautiful patio! If you buy a 6 for $60 case of wine, we will cover your tasting! $10 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Rocket Market – $10 and under value wines. An all new line-up of ridiculously affordable wines. You want VALUE?! You can’t handle the value…or perhaps you can. 7pm 343.2253; $15 726 E 43rd Ave.
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Anelare and Canon del Sol Wineries 3:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover – This week, enjoy music from Just Plain Darren (one of my faves). Left Bank is located at 108 N Washington.
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Box wine tasting 5-7pm. Try some box wine before you commit to the whole box. This is a great way to test the quality before you buy. 5 wines for $5. 926 S. Monroe
Saturday, August 14
Liberty Lake Wine Cellars is not open this weekend
Vino Wine: August Sale Wine Part 2 2-4:30; 222 S. Washington
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 3-6pm: Local celebrity and former Lone Canary / Caterina winemaker Mike Scott (now with Vinum distributors) will be showcasing some tasty back yard barbecue wines to get through the dog days of summer 726 E. 43rd Ave
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm – Brad Keeler This master craftsman and multi-instrumentalist meanders effortlessly through blues, jazz and folk genres 726 E. 43rd Ave
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music with Janet Johnson. While you’re there ask Jen to make you a special wine flight. She’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington – Say congrats to Jen, she just got married!
Bottles on Argonne – Celebrating Washington Wine Month with samples of fantastic Washington Wines from 2-6pm 3319 N Argonne
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Featuring music with Nate Greenburg at 7pm 926 S. Monroe
Sunday, August 15
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome, Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Knipprath and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Bent:
“Johnny Be Good”, “Mustang Sally”, “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”…Sounds like a party! 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover.
- Robert Karl Winemaker Dinner: Villagio 2013 E 29th. Enjoy amazing food and wine pairings with Joe and Rebecca Gunselman of Robert Karl Cellars. Seating is limited. Please RSVP with this link; August 16, 6-10pm
- Barrister Winemaker Dinner: Luna’s First “Dinner in the Garden…” Featuring a seasonal, five course menu by our own Chef Brian Hutchins and brilliantly paired with beautiful wines by Barrister winery~ Tuesday Evening, August 17th at 6:30 pm in Luna’s unique garden setting. $75 per person, limited seating; Please phone 509.448.2383.
- Pixie Dust Chocolates Tastings: Come be introduced to a local business that is pursuing their dream…chocolate. They will be at WineStyles on Friday, August 20 at 6pm. (Tasting fee $15) and Rocket Market on Saturday, August 21 4-6pm…yum.
- Art and Glass Fest at Arbor Crest:
- Saturday Aug 21: 53 Local Artists from 11 AM to 7 PM. Band from 1 PM to 6 PM. Sidetrack: Acoustic, electric, eclectic mix of country, rock and rockabilly.
- Sunday Aug 22: 53 Local Artists from 11 AM to 7 PM. Band from 1 – 4 PM, 5:30 PM – Dusk. Singlewide: “Roots” rock band playing songs reminiscent of Tom Petty. Come dance to solid American Rock music!
- Ghetto Gourmand – August 27; The underground food scene gets hot with Hot Summer Nights featuring Sante Chef / Owner Jeremy Hansen. Don’t miss this fun and unique food experience. $125 each
- The Wine Soiree – September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band
- Kiwanis Club of Liberty Lake – September 12 at Zephyr Lodge from 3-6pm. Tickets are only $25 and include music, appetizers and wine. Come support a great cause!
- Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino – September 19; 5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- Valley Fest: A celebration in the valley that includes a parade, entertainment, wine/beer garden, a fun run, classic car show and “Taste of the Valley” on Saturday night! – September 24-26
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100
- Spokane Wine Magazine Launch Party 10/29 TBD
- Save the date for Cork & Keg (Nov 13)
- Save the date for Spokane Winery Association Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)