Spokane March of Dimes Signature Chef and Wine Event
March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. With major accomplishments that led to the Polio vaccine in the 1950’s, creation of newborn intensive care units in the 70’s, treatment of respiratory distress syndrome in the 80’s, folic acid education in the 90’s and their ongoing awareness activities, March of Dimes is a champion for those that can’t stand up for themselves…babies. As a five year supporter of the March of Dimes in Spokane, I am proud to be this year’s winery chairperson for the 2010 Signature Chef event on October 2.
My wife served on the board of directors for the Spokane MOD and was a beneficiary of their efforts when her son, now 13, was nearly born several months pre-mature. If it weren’t for the education, awareness, and treatment that March of Dimes provided, that little guy may have come out only half baked (even now we still wonder…).
The Spokane Signature Chef event brings together Spokane’s top chefs and the area’s top wineries for a miracle filled evening of food, wine, auction, and charity. Previous events have risen over $50,000 to support the March of Dimes. This year’s head chef is Chef Ian Wingate of Agave Latin Bistro and Moxie. Ian is recruiting a team of local culinary artists to serve you. Ten area wineries will be pouring in support of the babies as well.
The event is being held at the Lincoln Center, 1316 N Lincoln with wine, food and silent auction from 6:00-8:30. The live auction begins at 8:30. Sponsorships are available. There are lots of great causes to support. We encourage you to consider joining us in support of the babies! For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.marchofdimes.com/washington/43550_65846.asp
How Can I Help?
- Help spread the word by clicking the little ReTweet or Share buttons at the top and bottom of this page. This will help get the word out without the MOD spending tons in advertising. Sharing is caring.
- Consider attending the event or if you own a business, consider sponsoring the event. You can contact the local director, Darah at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about sponsorships.
- Contribute to the live or silent auction. If you have products or services that could be donated, please contact Darah as well.
- Stay tuned for how you can win two tickets to this fantastic evening.
Food and Wine Participants
- Moxie Restaurant – Chef Ian Wingate
- Agave Latin Bistro – Chef Ian Wingate
- Madeleine’s Restaurant
- Hay J’s Bistro
- Glover Mansion
- Manito Country Club – Chef Jim Wolters
- Coeur d’Alene Casino & Resort - Chef Adam Hegsted
Wine (more will be added)
- Robert Karl Cellars
- Barrister Winery
- Whitestone Winery
- Desert Wind Winery
- More coming…
- Beer table provided by The Flying Goat