Spokane Weekend Wine Events Aug 6-8
Spokane and wine are becoming synonymous. When was the last time you went out and explored our diverse wine scene? If you live in our great city, I challenge you to put at least ONE of the fantastic events listed below on your list of weekend activities. You may know of the old guard in our area, but chances are you’ve yet to experience newcomers like Overbluff, Barili, Liberty Lake, and Nodland Cellars. Put these guys on your list. They are all open this weekend just for you.
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight winery is Townshend Cellars. Don Townshend has taken a little winery in Greenbluff and turned it into one of Spokane’s most respected wineries. With a big selection there is something for every palate including sweet, dry, big red and even Pinot Noir and sparkling wine. Make a day out of it pick some fresh fruit while you’re out there. Looks like Cherries are on their way, along with apricots and raspberries! Townshend is open Fri-Sun Noon – 6pm
Enjoy great local wine at The Davenport, Left Bank Wine Bar, and Niko’s Wine Bar
Friday, August 6
First Friday Art Walk: A signature monthly event through downtown Spokane that showcases wine, art, music and more. 5-8pm (unless otherwise noted);
Barili Cellars: As the dog days of summer arrive, we hope that you will join us as we will be featuring live music and the art of E.L. Stewart. This exhibit is a mix of work, varying in size and subject, from beautiful landscape to expertly painted figure and exciting abstraction. For $5, sample each of our four wines, pick your favorite, and we’ll pour you a glass while you check out our new artwork, listen to live music, and have a few snacks.
Taste Café: Right next door to Barili, you’ll enjoy some amazing delicious treats and great artwork on display
Wine Styles – Wine Tasting Friday Be sure to check out the new selections! Bring your friends and come early to save a table on our beautiful patio! If you buy a 6 for $60 case of wine, we will cover your tasting! $10 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Rocket Market – Nine Pinot Noirs from around the world will compete for your love…and we all know that love is blind so we will bag the wines and taste them blind. Excellent wines and you equal excellent times. 9 wines, reservations requested. 343.2253; $18 726 E 43rd Ave.
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Linda Lowe of Wine Glass Cellars 3:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover – This week, enjoy music from Kari Marguerite. Left Bank is located at 108 N Washington.
Saturday, August 7
Knipprath Cellars: As an FYI, Knipprath will be closed for a private event on Saturday but will be open again on Sunday from Noon-5pm
Liberty Lake Wine Cellars: Painting With Spirits: Learn to paint while sipping some wine. For $55 participants enjoy three hours of painting lessons with wine and the great views of Liberty Lake. Call to sign up; 255-9205 Aug 7 1-4pm
Vino Wine: August Sale Wine Part 1 2-4:30; 222 S. Washington
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 3-6pm: If you’ve never enjoyed one of these tasty, hand-crafted brews from Sandpoint get in here! If you have, you know how great they are! 726 E. 43rd Ave
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm – Lyle Mores has been captivated with the acoustic guitar since a young teen. Over the years he has developed a driving and original guitar technique, that when coupled with his soaring expressive vocals, makes for a completely unique listening experience. 726 E. 43rd Ave
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music with Bob Melvin. While you’re there ask Jen to make you a special wine flight. She’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington – Say congrats to Jen, she just got married!
Bottles on Argonne – August feature wine of the month is a Viognier and Pinot Gris blend from Cavatappi Winery in Mattawa, WA. At only $8.99 this is a great wine to celebrate the hot days of August. 3319 N Argonne 11am-7pm
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Featuring music with Brad Keeler at 7pm 926 S. Monroe
Sunday, August 8
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome, Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Knipprath and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Tuxedo Junction; This 19 piece big band plays the extremes. From luscious ballads to full sounding shout choruses to delicate shuffle music, the foundation of this band’s repertoire is based firmly in the classic swing era of the 1930’s and 1940’s. 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover.
NEW FEATURE: My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- MONDAY: Always Mimosa Monday at Wine Styles 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- TUESDAY: Live music at the Rocket Market 726 E 43rd Ave. This week enjoy Mark Ward at 7pm
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot
- THURSDAY: Arbor Crest free music Thursday. No cover charge, enjoy wine and music every Thursday with one of Spokane’s best views. 5:30-7:30 at the Cliff House. This week artist Lee Baughman Pepper Mills and music by The Doghouse Boyz
- Robert Karl Winemaker Dinner: Villagio 2013 E 29th. Enjoy amazing food and wine pairings with Joe and Rebecca Gunselman of Robert Karl Cellars. Seating is limited. Please RSVP with this link; August 16, 6-10pm
- Barrister Winemaker Dinner: Luna’s First “Dinner in the Garden…” Featuring a seasonal, five course menu by our own Chef Brian Hutchins and brilliantly paired with beautiful wines by Barrister winery~ Tuesday Evening, August 17th at 6:30 pm in Luna’s unique garden setting. $75 per person, limited seating; Please phone 509.448.2383.
- Pixie Dust Chocolates Tastings: Come be introduced to a local business that is pursuing their dream…chocolate. They will be at WineStyles on Friday, August 20 at 6pm. (Tasting fee $15) and Rocket Market on Saturday, August 21 4-6pm…yum.
- Art and Glass Fest at Arbor Crest:
- Saturday Aug 21: 53 Local Artists from 11 AM to 7 PM. Band from 1 PM to 6 PM. Sidetrack: Acoustic, electric, eclectic mix of country, rock and rockabilly.
- Sunday Aug 22: 53 Local Artists from 11 AM to 7 PM. Band from 1 – 4 PM, 5:30 PM – Dusk. Singlewide: “Roots” rock band playing songs reminiscent of Tom Petty. Come dance to solid American Rock music!
- Ghetto Gourmand – August 27; The underground food scene gets hot with Hot Summer Nights featuring Sante Chef / Owner Jeremy Hansen. Don’t miss this fun and unique food experience. $125 each
- The Wine Soiree – September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band
- Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino – September 19; 5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- Valley Fest: A celebration in the valley that includes a parade, entertainment, wine/beer garden, a fun run, classic car show and “Taste of the Valley” on Saturday night! – September 24-26
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100
- Save the date for Cork & Keg (Nov 13)
- Save the date for Spokane Winery Association Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)
Tags: Spokane Wine Event
3 comments on “Spokane Weekend Wine Events Aug 6-8”
Ah! Too bad we found out about this so late! A few of us have been on the road traveling throughout Washington and this would have been an awesome event to attend! Sounds like fun, hope it is successful!
Oh, man! We missed you. I wish I would have known about your Washington travels sooner. I hope you had a good time in our state…is there any wine left?
I just learned about your recent event and wanted to tell you about our site, LocalWineEvents(dot)com.
It’s free to post your food and wine events to LWE, which has over 115,000 subscribers and 1 million page views per month, and we’d love to have them listed!
“The World’s Leading Wine Events Calendar”