What do you love about Spokane? For me, I love the green hills and mountains that stand in majestic contrast with the brilliant blue sky during the summer! While no city is perfect, Spokane is near nature and near perfect (hence the city tag line). Our mid-size metropolitan area runs at a peaceful slow pace while offering the culture of a larger urban hub. How many cities afford you the location to get in a round of golf, spend the afternoon on the lake, hike in the mountains, and enjoy world class restaurants, shopping and wine without driving all over the place?
This weekend two local wineries have very special announcements listed below. Stay connected to all things wine in the Spokane Weekend Wine Events listing that now includes “My Daily Wine” (a list of other wine activities that happen every day).
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight winery is Barrister Winery. Greg Lipsker and Michael White have expanded their hours and announce a very cool new partnership with local restaurants to encourage wine local and dine local. Visit Spokane Wine Magazine for all the details and a brief video interview with Greg.
Friday, July 30
Wine Styles and Wings – Flamin’ Joe’s is co-sponsoring this event. You definitely have to be here! For $15 you get to try 5 different wings (Joe’s top 5 sellers) and 5 different wines to compliment each flavor; 6pm-9pm (Wine Club members $12.50) 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
Bottles on Argonne – Sleeping Dog Wines is a boutique winery located in Benton City, Washington. Larry overseas all aspects of the wine production from vine to bottle. He prefers wines that are robust and have intense berry flavors. 5-8pm 3319 N Argonne
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Buried Cane Wine from Washington 3:00-5:30pm; 222 S. Washington
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover – This week, enjoy music from Mark Ward. Left Bank is located at 108 N Washington.
Huckleberry’s Natural Market will be featuring Latah Creek winery from 5-7pm 926 S. Monroe
Saturday, July 31
Nodland Cellars: A lost case of Bebop Riesling is discovered ($25); only 2 cases of Walla Walla Cab remain ($40 for DrinkNectar fans); and a contest to win a bottle of 2006 Reserve Blend. Nodland is only open from Noon – 4pm Saturday. This wine will not last long! 11616 E Montgomery
Vino Wine: Saturday wine tasting Wine Finds under $9 (wow, great deals here) 2-4:30; 222 S. Washington
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 3-6pm: Direct import Chilean wine values with representative, Joel Cook! 726 E. 43rd Ave
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm – Bill and Kathy Kostelec are known for their progressive folk group, with songs steeped in social commentary, along with love songs, children’s songs and instrumentals. 726 E. 43rd Ave
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music with Michael Lenke. While you’re there ask Jen to make you a special wine flight. She’ll surprise your taste buds. 108 N. Washington
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Featuring Grande Ronde winery 2-4pm for their bi-weekly wine tastings. 926 S. Monroe
Liberty Lake and Vintage Hill are all open. Why do I post this…well, because these guys are only open seasonally or until they sell out!
Sunday, August 1
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – The Ryan Larson Band will perform 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover. Arbor Crest has 2007 Sauvignon Blanc on sale for 50% off and wine club members now get 30% off of the 2009 Sauvignon Blanc. Both wines pair perfectly with Spokane summer.
NEW FEATURE: My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- MONDAY: Always Mimosa Monday at Wine Styles 8801 N Indian Trail Rd
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot
- THURSDAY: Arbor Crest free music Thursday. No cover charge, enjoy wine and music every Thursday with one of Spokane’s best views. 5:30-7:30 at the Cliff House.
- Wine Styles Yakima Valley Red Mountain Tour – August 1st and 2nd (Sunday and Monday) we will be bussing down to Prosser for an incredible Wine Tour! For $130 you get transportation, lodging at the Best Western Inn at Horse Heaven, and over 15 tasting rooms and wineries within walking distance. Monday, we will head to Desert Wind Vineyard, Kiona Vineyards Winery for a catered lunch and then off to Hedges Family Estates Winery. This is a great time to enjoy some great wine and meet wine enthusiasts like yourself! Call 509-468-WINE for more details. Sign up soon!
- First Friday Art Walk: A signature monthly event through downtown Spokane that showcases wine, art, music and more. 5-8pm (unless otherwise noted)
- Painting With Spirits: Liberty Lake Wine Cellars hosts this popular program where you can learn to paint while sipping some wine. For $55 participants enjoy three hours of painting lessons with wine and the great views of Liberty Lake. Call to sign up; 255-9205 Aug 7 1-4pm
- Ghetto Gourmand – August 27; The underground food scene gets hot with Hot Summer Nights featuring Sante Chef / Owner Jeremy Hansen. Don’t miss this fun and unique food experience. $125 each
- The Wine Soiree – September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band
- Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino – September 19; 5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- Valley Fest: A celebration in the valley that includes a parade, entertainment, wine/beer garden, a fun run, classic car show and “Taste of the Valley” on Saturday night! – September 24-26
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100
- Save the date for Cork & Keg (Nov 13) and Holiday Wine Festival (Nov 19-21)
Tags: Spokane Wine Event