It’s hot and I love it! It seems that the wine scene in Spokane is hot hot hotter than ever. Now you can wine 7 days a week. All new this week is the new feature, My Daily Wine. This is a perfect way to unwined (yep spelled it wrong for a reason) at the end of your busy day. Experience Spokane wine, one sip at a time. I guarantee you’ll discover something amazing!
Want to know what’s happening in and around the Spokane wine scene? Stay connected with the most complete listing of information around!
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight winery is Liberty Lake Wine Cellars. Doug and Shelly Smith are celebrating their second vintage and have a fantastic new Quixotic Rose. They are open seasonally on Saturday from 1pm – 6pm. I say make a day of it. Go cool off in the lake, stop by for an afternoon refresher and then head to Pavilion park for live music that starts at 6pm.
Friday, July 23
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Summer Sippers Under $20 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover – This week, enjoy music from Mike Dwyer. Left Bank is located at 108 N Washington.
Rocket Market: By popular demand, were going back to Iberian peninsula! This time, visit the Ribera del Duero and Calatayud regions of Spain, revisit Portugal and compare ruby and tawny porto…food, fashion and fun! Call to make reservations 7PM $18 343-2253
Saturday, July 24
Whitestone Winery – Annual Cajun and Cab in the vineyard – SOLD OUT
Vino Wine: Saturday wine tasting through the July wine club of the month selections 2-4:30
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 3-6pm with Walla Walla Village Winery
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm – Sidhe European-American finger style guitar and lush vocals at the edge of the songwriting tradition: that’s the music of Sidhe. With honesty and an easy, unstuffy virtuosity, Michael and Keleran Milhelm merge the worlds of pop, classical, folk and world music into a passionate, yet accessible, blend of sophisticated soundscapes and ethereal melodies. < They played at our wedding reception and are absolutely divine! Rocket Market is located at 43rd and Grand.
Left Bank Wine Bar – Live music with Fly Right. While you’re there ask Jen to make you a special wine flight to go along with Fly Right.
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Live music with Convestess at 7pm. Enjoy a glass of wine, some dessert at this fun natural market on 9th and Monroe.
Nodland, Liberty Lake and Vintage Hill are all open. Why do I post this…well, because these guys are only open seasonally or until they sell out!
Sunday, July 25
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Nobody Famous (yep that is the band’s name) will perform 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover. Biggest variety band around. High class! High energy! Top Forty-classic Rock n’ Roll! Arbor Crest has 2007 Sauvignon Blanc on sale for 50% off and wine club members now get 30% off of the 2009 Sauvignon Blanc. Both wines pair perfectly with Spokane summer.
NEW FEATURE: My Daily Wine
I realize it can be tough to wait until the weekend to wine. Thankfully there are wine events happening the other days of the week too. Take a look at what is happening with My Daily Wine.
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Happy Hour at Nikos with Pauline $2 Glass of Wine (1 red, 1 white), $2 off any glass, $2 off any flight and $2 beer. Happy Hour is 4-6pm and 9-close.
- TUESDAY: Davenport Hotel $12 Tuesday Wine tasting from 5-7pm in the Historic Lobby. All paired with appetizers from the Palm Court Grill! Also ½ price bottles of wine in the Peacock room and Palm Court.
- WEDNESDAY: It’s “Wine Down Wednesday!” 50% off wines at The Melting Pot
- THURSDAY: Arbor Crest free music Thursday. No cover charge, enjoy wine and music every Thursday with one of Spokane’s best views. 5:30-7:30 at the Cliff House.
On the Radar
- Huckleberry’s Natural Market will be featuring Latah Creek and Grande Ronde winery July 30 5-7pm and July 31, 2-4pm for their bi-weekly wine tastings.
- Wine Styles and Wines – July 30 Flamin’ Joe’s is co-sponsoring this event. You definitely have to be here! For $15 you get to try 5 different wings (Joe’s top 5 sellers) and 5 different wines to compliment each flavor. Friday July 30th 6pm-9pm (Wine Club members $12.50)
- Wine Styles Yakima Valley Red Mountain Tour – August 1st and 2nd (Sunday and Monday) we will be bussing down to Prosser for an incredible Wine Tour! For $130 you get transportation, lodging at the Best Western Inn at Horse Heaven, and over 15 tasting rooms and wineries within walking distance. Monday, we will head to Desert Wind Vineyard, Kiona Vineyards Winery for a catered lunch and then off to Hedges Family Estates Winery. This is a great time to enjoy some great wine and meet wine enthusiasts like yourself! Call 509-468-WINE for more details. Sign up soon!
- Ghetto Gourmand – August 27; The underground food scene gets hot with Hot Summer Nights featuring Sante Chef / Owner Jeremy Hansen. Don’t miss this fun and unique food experience.
- The Wine Soiree – September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band
- Vino Wine Dinner with Masselow’s at Northern Quest Resort and Casino – September 19; 5:30 PM – Contact www.vinowine.com 800.826.5674
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100
Tags: Spokane Wine Event