Spokane Weekend Wine Time 7/16-18
Spokane is blessed this time of year. Blessed with lakes to swim in, mountains to hike in, and wineries to sip in, we’re in a truly remarkable region. If you haven’t experienced Spokane wine, you are missing out on one of the area’s finest showcases of art, passion and creativity. Listen to what wine writer Ben Simons has to say about the Lone Canary Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc,
This is one of the most interesting dessert wines that I’ve tasted, and at an extremely reasonable price ($15). I would absolutely buy this wine again, and would certainly recommend it to anyone who is able to get their hands on it.
Experience Spokane wine, one sip at a time. I guarantee you’ll discover something amazing!
Want to know what’s happening in and around the Spokane wine scene? Stay connected with the most complete listing of information around!
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations, videos and more. http://drinknectar.com/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight winery is Mountain Dome. Erik Manz continues the legacy of his father by providing sparkling wine to help you celebrate all of life’s special occasions. Every day is a reason to celebrate! Cheers! Open Saturday and Sunday from 11-4.
Happy Birthday to Latah Creek winery! Celebrating 28 years, Latah Creek is releasing their first Pinot Gris, just in time for the warm weather. Stop by for 20% off mix & match cases and 35% off select wines. The party goes all weekend from 9am – 5pm!
Bach Fest in Lake Chelan: Just a short 3 hour drive to Central Washington brings you to an amazing getaway with breathtaking views, pristine waters and glorious wine. Enjoy Bach and Mozart while you sip some estate wine from fine wineries like Benson, Hard Row, Tunnel Hill, Nefarious and more.
Friday, July 16
Barili Cellars at Wine Styles: Check out one of Spokane’s more elusive wineries at a great little wine shop at Indian Trail. Tasting is from 6-9pm; cost is $10; 8101 N. Indian Trail Rd. < DrinkNectar will be there, will you?
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Jones of Washington 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Rocket Market: Small vineyards, Italian direct imports. An amazing opportunity to taste some limited distribution Italian wine. 7-9 wines, cheese and bread; 7PM $18 343-2253
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Enjoy a selection of dry Rose perfect for summer; $5 5-7pm
BeGin at the MAC - Mon Cheri + Outdoor Amphitheatre + 80’s Theme + Food & Booze & Culture = The Perfect Way to Spend a Summer’s Eve. 6pm Museum of Arts and Culture
Saturday, July 17
Vino Wine: Saturday wine tasting through the July sale wines part II 2-4:30
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 3-6pm with our very own Caterina Winery!
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm – Laddie Ray Melvin writes and performs songs that are image-rich evocations of life. His music is deeply rooted in the contemporary folk tradition. He is uniquely influenced in his originality by popular musical idioms such as gospel, folk,blues, country and rock.
Huckleberry’s Natural Market: Italian wines from small vineyard imports. 5 wines $5, 2-4pm
Bottles: 2-5pm stop by for a sampling of some amazing under $10 wines. Bottles, at 3319 N Argonne will be sampling a Washington Chardonnay, Riesling and Gewürztraminer.
Nodland, Liberty Lake and Vintage Hill are all open. Why do I post this…well, because these guys are only open seasonally or until they sell out!
Sunday, July 18
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Sammy Eubanks will perform 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover. Arbor Crest has 2007 Sauvignon Blanc on sale for 50% off and wine club members now get 30% off of the 2009 Sauvignon Blanc. Both wines pair perfectly with Spokane summer.
On the Radar
- NEW Thursday’s on the Patio at Arbor Crest 5:30-7:30
- Latin Vines – Benefiting the Spokane Public Radio, Latin food prepared by Chef Romeo Hererra and Catered for You, live music by guitarist Michael Millham (of Sidhe) and silent auction. Dance to Hot Club of Spokane in the pavilion. July 22. 6-10pm $40
- Whitestone Winery – Annual Cajun and Cab in the vineyard – July 24 (tickets are 1/2 sold out) Contact the winery for details. 838.2427
- Ghetto Gourmand – Eat Pray Love. Join in the ultimate secret dinner and wellness experience experience; $80 space is limited
- The Wine Soiree - Thursday, September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band
- March of Dimes Signature Chef – Enjoy an intimate dinner with local celebrity chefs and wine. This elegant evening includes one of a kind auction items that benefit the local March of Dimes efforts to help save babies from pre-mature birth. October 2, 6-10pm at the Lincoln Center, $100