The sun has finally decided to arrive for summer. Better to make a dramatic entrance to the party than to never show up at all. I know you’re dying to get out and explore, shop, go boating and more. While you’re enjoying the beautiful Inland Northwest, put some of these amazing wine events on the list. This is my 24th week of putting this list together and it is obvious that Spokane wine is bursting at the barrels with 17 wineries open (and one more on the way). There is bound to be at least one you haven’t tried.
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations and more. http://drinknectar.com/2010/01/24/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight is Robert Karl. Located just off Division on Pacific is the tasting room and production facility for one of Spokane’s greatest treasures. They’ll be open Friday and Saturday until 5pm. Try their Rose, perfect for summer.
Friday, July 9
Second Friday Art Walk: Ever walked through the beautiful streets of Coeur d’Alene on a warm summer night? The smell of the lake and the cool breeze make for a magical time. Enjoy the sights and sounds for the Second Friday Art Walk from 5-8pm
Vino Wine Shop: Wine tasting with Owen Roe 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Rocket Market: Get the dirt on biodynamic wine. 7-9 wines, cheese and bread; 7PM $15 343-2253
Saturday, July 10
Vino Wine: Saturday wine tasting through the July sale wines 2-4:30
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting from 3-6pm with Three Horse Rance
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm from acoustic pop musician Ron Greene
Sunday, July 11
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, Mountain Dome and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – 18 piece band Men of Rhythm will perform 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover
On the Radar
- NEW Thursday’s on the Patio at Arbor Crest 5:30-7:30
- Grande Ronde Storm the Cellar Celebration – The annual celebration in honor of Bastille Day, Grande Ronde has specials on their Cellar Red and Cellar White blends. This year a very small release of Star View (a blend of Cab Sauv, Merlot, Cab Franc, and Malbec). Only 25 cases of this wine are being released. The event is from 5-8pm at their 906 W 2nd Tasting Room. Call 455.8161 to reserve your spot. $10 includes tasting and food.
- Latah Creek 28th Anniversary Celebration – Mike Conway started Latah Creek in 1982. Celebrate all weekend, July 16-18, with fantastic deals and events at their tasting room in the Valley.
- Whitestone Winery – Annual Cajun and Cab in the vineyard – July 24 (tickets are 1/2 sold out) Contact the winery for details. 838.2427
- The Wine Soiree – Thursday, September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band