Spokane Weekend Wine Time Independence Day
How do you define freedom? This weekend is a celebration of the independence of our country from the oppressive rule of the British Empire. Brave young men and women sacrificed their lives, the comfort of their homes and their way of life to ensure that we could have a country free from tyranny and ran by the people. While I have many thoughts about where we are politically in the US, I’ll reserve those for a conversation that includes a bottle of wine and a warm fire. This weekend, pop a cork on Independence Day and celebrate.
While we live in freedom, remember our grapes who are still held in captivity. Please do your part to STOP HR5034 and contact your congress person at FreetheGrapes.com
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations and more. http://drinknectar.com/2010/01/24/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight of places you may have never been is Nodland Cellars. Located in a little business park off of I-90 and Montgomery, Nodland produces small lot high quality wine. Most years, Tim and Tracy make just one red blend. It is a special wine.
Friday, July 2
First Friday Art Walk: Downtown comes alive with music, art and wine. Don’t miss one of Spokane’s premier monthly activities. Click the link for all the venues. I’ve highlighted a few below.
- Music at Whitestone Winery: Enjoy music and the wine of Whitestone from 6-10:30pm at 111 S. Cedar. No cover – Music By Hot Club
- 2nd Floor Auditorium: 1st Annual KYRS Thin Air Community Radio Art Auction with 6 Foot Swing, food & refreshments, 5:30-8:30pm Friday. Saturday: live auction and closing of bids, 2-4pm.
- Barili Cellars 608 W. 2nd Join Barili Cellars, 4-9pm, to try new wine releases, and view the art of Rachel Heglar. Her use of color draws you in and touches your soul. Each piece leaves you feeling peaceful, warm, and romantic. There is something very mysterious about her work
- Urbanna Natural Spa & Salon 168 S Division Showcasing Suwanee’s unique photography with a metallic dimension capturing the ancient culture of Cambodia, Thailand & Vietnam. Tours & free parking.
Vino Wine Shop: Wines for BBQ Picnics 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Rocket Market: Sangria, mimosas, bellinis and more. Join us as we learn to make twists on these classic recipes using wine. I guarantee it will be a night to remember…$15 343-2253
Saturday, July 3
Rocket Market: Live music at 7pm from Mark Ward
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! Call first because of the holiday. (Trezzi, Townshend, Lone Canary, and Caterina are open)
Liberty Lake Pops A Cork on Independence – Pop a cork for Independance Day at Liberty Lake Wine Cellars They will be open Sunday from 1-5 PM. After that head to Pavillion Park for a free concert and fireworks. What a great way to celebrate.
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – The Honeybuckets 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover
On the Radar
- 20 Under 40 Event – Come meet this year’s 20 Under 40 winners from Catalyst Magazine, enjoy wine and appetizers, try Melting Pot’s chocolate fountain, have fun and socialize like crazy! 6-9pm at Caterina Winery
- NEW Thursday’s on the Patio at Arbor Crest 5:30-7:30
- The Wine Soiree - Thursday, September 9 at Beacon Hill, the Spokane Symphony Associates presents an enchanting evening with the Kathleen Cavender Band