Hey, you, sitting there in the bathrobe. Put down the bacon and the powdered donut and get busy! Busy with what you say? There is a lot of wine to taste and you only have a few days to do it. You work hard all week, you need to treat yourself to some liquid art! I suggest a cure for the cubicle, corporate and blue collar blues is a nice glass of purple pleasure! You can thank me later.
Having an event and don’t see it on the list? Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 18-20 Spokane Symphony Best Fest: A fantastic three night event featuring the best of Spokane Symphony, wine, beer and ice cream. Tickets are available for each night and for the full three day event. www.spokanesymphony.org
- Friday: Best of the classics with wine tasting
- Saturday: Best of the stage and screen with brew fest
- Sunday: Centennial celebration of Father’s Day with Brain Freeze ice cream
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations and more. http://drinknectar.com/2010/01/24/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight of places you may have never been is Nodland Cellars. Located in a little business park off of I-90 and Montgomery, Nodland produces small lot high quality wine. Most years, Tim and Tracy make just one red blend. It is a special wine.
Friday, June 18
Friday, June 18 – Grape and Grain: Grape & Grain is a wine and beer tasting event, along with a silent auction that benefits the American Advertising Federation of Spokane. AAF Spokane puts on a number of events each year benefiting great causes like Project Share, TASC (Teens Against Substance Abuse), and more. Lincoln Center, $40 in advance. 13 local wineries and breweries are participating.
Music at Whitestone Winery: Enjoy music and the wine of Whitestone from 6-9pm at 111 S. Cedar. No cover
Vino Wine Shop: Mercer Estates Columbia Valley 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Rocket Market: 7pm Wines of Spain and Portugal (8 amazing wines, food, cheese, and bread) Reservations requested, $18 343-2253
Saturday, June 19
Angel Ball at the MAC: Join this great event to support the fight against Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes; 6:30 pm $25 per person
Vino Wine Shop: June Wine of the Month Club selections 2:00-4:30pm
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting with Whitestone Winery 3-6pm; Stay for live music at 7pm from Matt Russell
Sunday, June 20
It’s Father’s Day!
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! (Trezzi, Robert Karl, Townshend, Lone Canary, and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Singlewide 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover
On the Radar
- June 21: Ghetto Gourmand Mid-Summer Night’s Dream – A food revolution is cooking in Spokane. Super exclusive, secret and limited engagement dinner parties with four course meals, music, art, performance and more. Get in on the underground!
- June 26: Soiree on the Edge - The Spokane Symphony is combining two of its most popular programs to create an exciting new event located on the stunning grounds of the historic Cliff House, home to Arbor Crest Wine Cellars.
Tags: Spokane Wine Event