It looks like Spring is finally going to grace us with its presence this week. That is very kind of it, since Summer is in just ten days. These are great times to get out and enjoy wine in Spokane. I can bet that there are a few places in this post you’ve haven’t been a maybe even a few events you don’t know about. Regardless, everything in this post is something you need to do…so drop the garden tools and get out to a winery!
Having an event and don’t see it on the list? Email me email@example.com
On the Radar
Why am I starting with “on the radar?” Well, I really want you to see these two great events. Since this is my blog…I can do what I want.
- Friday, June 18 – Grape and Grain: Grape & Grain is a wine and beer tasting event, along with a silent auction that benefits the American Advertising Federation of Spokane. AAF Spokane puts on a number of events each year benefiting great causes like Project Share, TASC (Teens Against Substance Abuse), and more. Lincoln Center, $40 in advance. 13 local wineries and breweries are participating.
- June 18-20 Spokane Symphony Best Fest: A fantastic three night event featuring the best of Spokane Symphony, wine, beer and ice cream. Tickets are available for each night and for the full three day event. www.spokanesymphony.org
- Friday: Best of the classics with wine tasting
- Saturday: Best of the stage and screen with brew fest
- Saturday: Centennial celebration of Father’s Day with Brain Freeze ice cream
Take a tour of the local wineries. Most are open. Visit this link for hours, reviews, wine recommendations and more. http://drinknectar.com/2010/01/24/spokane-wine-tour/
- This week’s highlight of places you may have never been is Trezzi Farm Food and Wine. Located in Greenbluff, Trezzi has been catering Italian food in Spokane since 2005. They opened their tasting room in November 2009 and are now tasting their estate grown Barbera and a Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc. Enjoy Trezzi food and wine, you’ll feel like family the moment you walk through the doors. The tasting room is open Friday-Sunday 12-6pm.
Friday, June 11
BeGin at the MAC: Free music at the Museum of Arts and Culture featuring Mark Ward and a no host bar. 21+ please starts at 6pm.
Davenport Hotel – Joe Dobbs Wine Dinner: Enjoy a 5 course dinner prepared by our chefs at the Palm Court each paired with a carefully chosen Joe Dobbe’s wine; $95 per person. Call (509)789-6848 for reservatios. Space is still available. 6-9pm
Music at Whitestone Winery: Enjoy music and the wine of Whitestone from 6-9pm at 111 S. Cedar. No cover
Vino Wine Shop: Sleight of Hand Cellars from Walla Walla 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Rocket Market: 7pm South African Wine Safari (10 amazing wines) Reservations requested, $15 343-2253
Saturday, June 12
Happy Birthday to You: Liberty Lake Cellars turns 2. They’re celebrating from 1-5pm with a limited release of their Quixotic Farm Rose (only 24 cases). This will be a perfect summer wine.
Overbluff Cellars: Only going on their third week being open, Overbluff Cellars is nearly out of their signature Cabernet Sauvignon. Stop by 620 S. Washington Thurs-Sat from 4pm-7pm See the DrinkNectar interview with co-owner John Caudill.
Vino Wine Shop: June Sale Wines Part 2 – 2:00-4:30pm
Painting with spirits: Painting With Spirits will be at The Second Space Gallery (610 2nd Avenue, Spokane, WA, 99201) 1-4 PM. Barili Cellars is pouring, Taste Cafe is serving. Call 208-651-2110
Rocket Market: Saturday drop in tasting with 3 Horse Rance winery 3-6pm; Stay for live music at 7pm from Matt Russell
Sunday, June 13
Get out to a winery! – Always a handful of Spokane wineries open. Enjoy! (Trezzi, Robert Karl, Townshend, Lone Canary, and Caterina are open)
Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series – Sammy Eubanks 5:30 to dusk; $5 cover
More…On the Radar
- June 15,16 and 17: Donate Dine and Wine with Nosey Parker Only 12 spots for each night Included: Finger Foods, Liberty Lake Wine, Detoxifying Foot Bath, Infrared Sauna Session and Whole Body Vibration Training Session for each guest. $50 RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 21: Ghetto Gourmand Mid-Summer Night’s Dream – A food revolution is cooking in Spokane. Super exclusive, secret and limited engagement dinner parties with four course meals, music, art, performance and more. Get in on the underground!