This weekend in Spokane is all about First Friday AND Spring Barrel Tasting. Enjoy the dozens of locations in downtown on Friday and the 16 wineries all weekend long. Scroll down for some of the upcoming ‘on the radar’ events.
Having an event and don’t see it on the list? Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Barrel Tasting in Spokane – One of Spokane’s premier wine events. The Spokane Winery Association showcase 16 wineries current, new and future releases. Wineries are open 11am – 5pm Friday – Sunday. Some charge a tasting fee. Click the link for some suggestions, a game-plan for visiting ALL 16 wineries and a downloadable map.
- Plan your trip
- Hydrate and eat
- Be patient and courteous
- Have your ID – every winery is required to see it regardless of how young you look
- Some charge fees, some do not
- Spit – it’s okay to use the spit bucket, you will not offend
- Print this map
Friday, May 7
First Friday Art Walk: The weather is warmer and the music, art and wine scene is heating up in Spokane. Dozens of venues are open from 5-8pm.
- Wine Tasting by Nodland Cellars at Gallery of THUM: 159 South Lincoln, Suite 151 (Steam Plant) 5:00-9:30pm, $5 each, “Nodland Cellars Roadshow, Art, Wine and Jazz” Featured Artist Tracy Nodland’s wine-oriented artworks, 6pm live music & artists Cecile G. Charles, Michal Romberger, Dawn Reed and Theresa Antosyn. “What Happens in Vegas” < DrinkNectar will be here!
Arbor Crest River Park Square: Live music with Maxie Ray Mills from 6pm – 9:30
Vino Wine Shop: Goose Ridge Vineyards Tasting, Walla Walla 3:00-5:30pm
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Rocket Market: Spring picks! The weather has shifted and it’s time to get hip to some lighter fresher wines to sip on. Red, white and bubbles.Check out our latest picks to drink with salads, grilled fish and veggies. Reservations requested, $15 343-2253
Saturday, May 8
Vino Wine Shop: Sale Wines Part 1 – 2:00-4:30pm
Sunday, May 9
Get out to a winery! – Celebrate Mothers day by going out to Spring Barrel Tasting. 16 wineries are open!
On the Radar
- May 22 – Music starts at the Rocket Market! One of the greatest experiences in town is listening to the traffic rumble by as you enjoy some tasty treats, good wine (or micro-brews) and live music at the Rocket Market on 43rd and Grand. Music will be Tuesday and Saturday at 7pm.
- June 3 – #WAWine Taste and Tweet event. Over 100 Washington Wineries will be hosting in house events and thousands of people will be participating online through Twitter and Facebook. Follow the link for details and how to register!
- June 6 – Taste Washington at the Davenport. The year’s signature wine event with 100 wineries and local food. Tickets are $75; visit www.tastewashington.org for details. On sale starting May 1 at Vino, Arbor Crest (RP Square), Williams Seafood, and Latah Creek Winery
- June 6 – 2010 Summer Concert Series begins at Arbor Crest
Tags: Spokane Wine Event