Spokane Wine Time April 30 – May 2
Last week two Spokane wineries released new vintages of spectacular wine. Liquid art was on display at Latah Creek and Nodland Cellars. This week release season continues as Barili Cellars, Liberty Lake Cellars, and Whitestone Winery showcase their beautiful and award winning artwork. It’s a great time to be a wine lover in Spokane! If you’re here for Bloomsday, you’ve got the perfect opportunity to unwind with some wine downtown.
Having an event and don’t see it on the list? Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Spokane Tasting Room Tour – Most Spokane tasting rooms are open. Check out this tasting room map for contact information, hours of operation and video reviews.
Spring Barrel Weekend in Walla Walla - Worth the 2 hour drive as over 50 wineries showcase their new release and even some still ‘cooking’ in the barrel.
Friday, April 30
Vino Wine Shop: In store tasting with Nicolas Cole Cellars, Walla Walla 3:00-5:30pm
Whitestone Winery Release Party: Some amazing new wine from the Haig family and Whitestone Winery. Stop by from 6pm – 9pm for a first sip. 111 S. Cedar
Davenport Hotel: Live music from 8pm – midnight 20% off all food and drink if you mention you’re a Facebook fan.
Left Bank Wine Bar: Live music every Friday starting at 8pm, no cover
Nosey Parker Shop Outside the Box: Downtown Spokane. Print your map, take a walk and visit 50% of the participating stores and be entered into the Grand Prize Basket. This is a BUY LOCAL Event and a great way to introduce yourself to fantastic stores. Friday 10AM – Saturday 6pm
Barili Cellars Facebook Friends and Family: You better join the Barili Facebook page so you can get a sneak peek of four new releases from Barili Cellars; 4pm – 8pm 608 W. 2nd Ave – DrinkNectar will be here!
Rocket Market: Small Production Global Reds: Most of the wine in the world is produced by a few gigantor wine corporations. This class is not about them, we think they’ll be fine. We will instead focus on tiny, extremely high quality, family owned producers. Reservations requested; $35 343-2253
Saturday, May 1
Liberty Lake Cellars – Liberty Lake Cellars releases their newest masterpieces, Cab Franc and Syrah, Noon – 5pm at their tasting room 1018 S. Gary in Liberty Lake.
Taste Washington Spokane – Tickets are on sale at the following locations: Latah Creek, Vino Wine Shop, Williams Seafood, and Arbor Crest (River Front Park tasting room).
Rocket Market – Saturday drop in tastings, complimentary pours 3-6pm
Sunday, May 2
Merlot Gone Mad – Tulalip Resort and Casino (north of Seattle) Washington merlot is among the finest in the world. Now you can taste hundreds of them at Merlot Gone Mad. You’ll meet the winemakers and learn why this is a superstar grape in Washington State. Taste, graze and enter to win great prizes too. $45 3-6pm. Spokane’s is represented by Townshend and Robert Karl Cellars.
Get out to a winery! Usually open on Sunday: Latah Creek, Arbor Crest, Lone Canary, Caterina Winery, Townshend Cellars, Trezzi Farms, Robert Karl and Knipprath Cellars
On the Radar
- May 5 – Blind Wine tasting with John Allen (of Vino) and LaunchPadINW
- May 5-6 - Wine Ride and Dine with Anthony’s, Robert Karl, and River Front Park Gondola
- May 6 – Vintage Hill Spring release party 5-8pm 319 W. 2nd
- May 7 – First Friday Art Walk
- May 7-9 – Spring barrel tasting with 16 Spokane wineries including the preview of a brand new winery (Overbluff Cellars)
- June 3 – #WAWine Taste and Tweet event. Over 100 Washington Wineries will be hosting in house events and thousands of people will be participating online through Twitter and Facebook. Stay tuned for details for this follow up to the wildly successful #WAMerlot
- June 6 – Taste Washington at the Davenport. The year’s signature wine event with 100 wineries and local food. Tickets are $75; visit www.tastewashington.org for details. On sale starting May 1 at Vino, Arbor Crest (RP Square), Williams Seafood, and Latah Creek Winery