The online Washington Wine Tasting Event of the year is on March 25. This leaves only a little time to secure your Washington Merlot and prepare your activity for the evening. The beauty of a Twitter Tasting is that you can participate however you feel comfortable. With nearly 80 Washington State wineries participating and hopefully 1000 tweeters, there will be plenty of opportunity to join the conversation. Think of it as a giant cocktail party. You may not be a part of every conversation happening in the room, but the opportunity to network, connect with other wine lovers, and learn about Washington State wine and the great wineries is awesome! You can even participate from the comfort of your living room…in your boxers (just close the blinds).
Below are two videos that showcase ways to maximize your participation in a taste and tweet event.
- If you’re near a participating winery – stop by their tasting room for a bottle of their Merlot. Join them for the event on March 25, starting at 5PM.
- OR…Get a group of friends together and host a tweet-up. You can do this from home or at a local bar or restaurant (just make sure they have Washington Merlot).
- OR…Shop local! Support your local wine shops and buy a Washington Merlot to drink from the comfort of your own home.
- Follow along on Twitter using the hashtag #WAMerlot (video shows instructions).
- Tweet what you’re drinking, join in the conversations, share your tasting notes.
- After the event you can search the hashtag #WAMerlot to follow new wine lovers and connect with the wineries
- HAVE FUN!
*If you’re not on Twitter, follow along at http://search.twitter.com – enter #WAMerlot in the search box to follow along.
WINERY PARTICIPATION TIPS
- Sign up at http://wamerlot.eventbrite.com so we can properly promote you before and after the event
- Promote your tasting room gathering using your email list, Facebook fan page, and on Twitter (use the #WAMerlot hashtag so we can re-tweet you)
- Offer a special on your Merlot through the event
- During the event, encourage people in your tasting room to tweet using the #WAMerlot hashtag. Even better, have them mention you too!
- Some wineries are projecting a twitter stream on a wall for a visual Twitter interaction too
- Hopefully you’ll be busy, but if you have the opportunity tweet fun facts about your winery, Merlot, and Washington State
- Interact and have conversations with people tweeting
- After the event, search the #WAMerlot hashtag to follow new wine lovers and connect with people who mentioned you and were drinking your wine.
- HAVE FUN!
This event would not be the success it is without the inspiration and participation of the following people on Twitter @RickBakas, @WAWineReport @SeattleWineGal @WineBeerWA, @Shona425, @yakimavalley @wineeyak, @wbcorbust, @nwwineandre, @catie, @lunabeanmedia